Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcreech14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 02:47 PM
    2 switches control my one hall light. One flips the light on the other trips the bre?
    2 switches control my one hall light. When I flip on switch the light comes on, when I flip the other the breaker trips. Why?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 5, 2013, 03:49 PM
    OK, tell what you did.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2013, 04:57 PM
    Sounds like a hot connected to a neutral or ground. Please answer earlier post.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 6, 2013, 05:55 AM
    2 switches control my one hall light. When I flip on switch the light comes on, when I flip the other the breaker trips. Why?
    Because something is wired wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring an inside light and an outside light one power source and two switches [ 4 Answers ]

I want to wire an inside light and an outside light with two switches and one incoming power source. With the two switches are in the same box

Light switches control outlets [ 1 Answers ]

I just puchased a house and unfortunately almost all the plug in outlets are controlled by the light switch in that particular room. There are times(like charging my toothbrush) I need these outlets without the overhead light being on. I basically want all the outlets to stay hot. Unfortunately...

Wiring Multple Light Switches To Control Seprate lights [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I understnd how to wire a switch but I do not know the best way to divide a single set of wires into a bunch of different switches. I want to be able to have 3 switches in a single box control different pats of my basement. Thanks! Mmonden

View more questions Search