Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillnaples06 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Bathroom Sink Stopper
    My sink stopper is closed shut with standing water. The stopper lever goes up and down but does not open the stopper. I have tried prying it open unsuccessfully. Do I need to remove the trap under the sink to drain the water and manually open the stopper?
    Thanks for any direction!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 19, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillnaples06 View Post
    My sink stopper is closed shut with standing water. The stopper lever goes up and down but does not open the stopper. I have tried prying it open unsuccessfully. Do I need to remove the trap under the sink to drain the water and manually open the stopper?
    Thanks for any direction!!
    I have put up a image of your stopper image,(go see). Your clevis screw has loosened up and you can no longer raise the stopper.
    Do this'; Loosen the screw and push the hoeizontal pivot rod all the way down. (The stopper is now open).
    Lower the stopper lever down until it's just about touching the lavatory and then tighten the clevis screw on the stopper rod. This should put you back in business. Good luck, Tom,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

I can't remove pop-up stopper from sink [ 11 Answers ]

I just replaced my bathroom centerset faucet and all went well... until it came to replacing the pop up stopper apparatus. I could loosen the nut that holds the apparatus securely to the sink, but I can't remove the apparatus entirely. As you can see from the pictures, the old apparatus is made...

Lifted stopper lets out no water from sink [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bathroom sink that drains well when the stopper is fully removed, but will not drain when the stopper is raised using the lift handle in the back if the sink. Any ideas on how to repair this? Lar2

Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen. It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?

Sink Stopper [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 sinks that clog occasionally and when I go to plunge them or pour a drain cleaner down them, I cannot pull the stopper out for easier access. Is there a way to disconnect the stopper so it can be pulled out when need be?

View more questions Search