Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luray3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2013, 06:02 AM
    Symptoms from infection
    I am 23 years old, in great shape(not over weight) also never had children, but I had a bacteria infection for a while before I went to the doctor for it (would have gone sooner if I was aware). Ever since then I have had a slightly darker rash around my pubic and upper thigh area. It has even spread to my boyfriend. Could this all be caused by that same bacteria infection? I have been treated for it 5 times now but the moment it goes away I will get another one. I also do not douche as I have been told that it messes up the ph balance, I wear mostly cotton underwear and I am naturally a clean person down there. I have also been tested for std's so I don't think this is one.my discharge is also changing, one week it is normal the next it has an odor to it and can be thick. I also find that during sex I am either extremely dry down there or overrun with the thick discharge. I'm not experiencing and pain or itching though. Any ideas on what might be causing this discoloration? And if it is because of the bacteria any thoughts on what else I can do to prevent it? This has lasted for over 2 years now.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 25, 2013, 09:26 PM
    Have you seen a dermatologist for the rash?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 25, 2013, 09:28 PM
    Also, it might be possible that your partner be treated as well. It's quite possible you are passing this back and forth.

Jan 26, 2013, 12:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Also, it might be possible that your partner be treated as well. It's quite possible you are passing this back and forth.
    He has been treated once before but it seems like I am the one that happens to catch it again

Jan 26, 2013, 12:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Have you seen a dermatologist for the rash?
    No I have not but have been to 3 different gyns and they all diagnose it as a bacteria infection and give me the medicine. It just comes back later
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by luray3 View Post
    No i have not but have been to 3 different gyns and they all diagnose it as a bacteria infection and give me the medicine. It just comes back later
    I'd try a dermatologist. They can culture the exact bacteria and treat it accordingly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can having an infection in your tooth cause symptoms such as cold sweats and chills [ 4 Answers ]

Can having an infected tooth that has been cracked and broken for years , cause symptoms of chills and sweating spells, fever, headache and having no energy?

Symptoms of a lung infection of a cat [ 1 Answers ]

What are the symptoms of a lung infection of a cat?

Yeast infection with no symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I had a doctor's appointment the other day for my pap smear, and while they were doing that they also collected a urine sample. I hadn't expected anything to come back positive because I haven't been experiencing symptoms of anything and I had no reason to think I had anything. And then I got a...

Yeast Infection symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

I had yeast infection-like symptoms about four months ago and they were cleared up with Monistat. Would this have happened if the issue was really gonorrhea? I went to the gynecologist recently and I'm awaiting lab results to be on the safe side.

All test were negative, DR, said yeast infection but no symptoms at all of that [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I hope you can help me I'm 5 days late on my period went to doctor and said all my blood and urine test were negative my breast are tender and also I'm having dizziness , nausea. The doctor said I have yeast infection but I don't have any itching or no pain urinating I don't even...

View more questions Search