Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christine1246 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 04:20 PM
    My dog won't jump down unassisted!
    I have two small dogs, and they always jump up on the furniture. In the last couple of days, my Papillon has acted really strange about getting down from the sofa or the bed (both are only about a foot off the ground). She jumps up just fine, but when she wants to get down she stands at the end of the couch and whines, but she won't jump. Not even for a treat!! (And believe me, that is ODD. She normally does anything for a treat.) She paws at the edge and acts like she wants to get down. She hasn't had any accidents while I've been around, like falling or anything like that. I can't figure out why this behaviour has started, and it really worries me because it is so atypical. She is usually very independent. What is going on? How should I handle this?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2006, 05:32 PM
    The best answer and treatment will come from your local vet. Does she show any other sign of having trouble moving? You might try some aspirin, buffered is best, and never acetophen or other of the newer stuff. The dose is 5 mg per pound of dog. May have to start with children's strength to get the dose small enough. An adult 325 mg tablet is just right for a 65 pound dog. I am slow to suggest medicating your own dog. I can practically count on my thumbs the times I would suggest it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Morgan dog - stuffed toy dog [ 19 Answers ]

I am looking for an older stuffed dog, a child's toy, that had a rubber squeaker in the nose,  We used to call it a "Morgan" dog,  it had big plactic eyes that had loose black centers,  any info on this toy would be nice.

Please Help Me With My Vertical Jump [ 10 Answers ]

OK so here's how it goes. I'm a 13 year old male. I'm 5' 7" tall. I have a 19" vertical jump. I play basketball and do track (highjumping, longjump , sprints). My goal is to at very least touch the rim by next basketball season. I know I am capable of doing this so I was just wondering...

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

Higher Vertical Jump [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to increse my vertical leap. I'm 13 and I'm only 5'0. I'm pretty good for my height. Well, anyway, I think it would really help out my game if I could grab more boards and play better defense. How can I increase my leap?

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

View more questions Search