Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mandmo Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Jan 3, 2009, 10:53 AM
    I want to be a dentist! How?
    I am a grade 12 student, and I am really interested in going into orthodontics. But I am confused on how to get there. I have been told to first get an undergrads degree in science but I don't know which one, these are the courses I have applied for so far... biomedical, health sciences and biochemistry. Can youplease give me a list of the top schools for these type of courses as well as which one I should choose:) thanks so much!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2009, 01:51 PM

You are right, you do need an undergrad degree in science, then apply for dental school. As far as I know, orthodontics is an extra year of schooling after the 4 years of dental school.

You should check out the Universities' that you are interested in attending. Their calendars will list the prerequisites required to be accepted into Dental School. Your Guidance Counsellor at school should also be able to help you.

Good luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2009, 02:58 PM

This is what guidance counselors are for. Talk to your school counselor. They will recommend schools and curriculums for you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 04:23 PM

Hi, Mandmo!

You'll also find ratings of dental schools as well a discussions and requirements concerning those kinds of institutions if you click on the following searches.

Best Dental Schools Dental School Ratings - Google Search

Best Dental Schools Dental School Requirements for Admission - Google Search

I wish you well in your pursuit toward your goals!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sue a dentist? [ 10 Answers ]

I have just had my braces removed. My dentist is the most unprofessional man I have ever met. He would have me in the waiting room for hours. I would have a 10 am appt. and would not leave until 4 pm. I lived about 4 hours away and his office was aware of this, and yet I would show up for an...

The Bad Dentist [ 3 Answers ]

I took my son to the Dentist 2 years ago. The dentist did some horrible things to my son. He did a root canal, that didn't needed to be done caused his tooth to split and half of it to fall out. He put my son through hell. I told the dentist that we wouldn't be back. The dentist charged us for...

Really bad Dentist! [ 11 Answers ]

I took my 6 year old son to the dentist last month for a checkup. The Doctor has a policy of not letting parents in the room while he is working on the children. I didn't like it, but saw all the other children going in with no problem, so reluctantly agreed. 10 minutes. Later my son came out...

How do I go to the dentist? [ 10 Answers ]

This is incredibly embarrasasing, but my teeth are falling right out of my head and I haven't gone to the dentist, because I don't know... how... :confused: What I mean is the procedure. I do have a dental insurance plan, but I'm not sure how it works. I'll lose that insurance plan in 2 months...

Bad Dentist [ 2 Answers ]

I need to no what can I do about a bad dentist gad crowns done and root canals about 3months ago and havying a lot of pain on the crown the dentist was terrible every time I went in I cryied he put me tru a lot of pain and what's so bad he is no longer there.

View more questions Search