Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr_Krinkle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 04:01 PM
    Car was hit and info was fake
    I had a girl hit my car while I was parked and inside my vehicle in the parking lot of school (college and Im 31male) just before class. She claimed not to have any info on her, that the car was her dad's and insurance was in her dad's name as well. She gave me her name number and then found an insurance card that was 6 years old and promised all the info was still the same. I took pics of the incident got her plate number, insurance card info, make, model of car, VIN, and since we both had class we made a verbal agreement to resolve the details after class as we were both out at the same time. Guess what? She got out early! She did not wait either. She left a note under my wiper saying how her dad would pay for the damages and to send an estimate and gave me her e-mail. I filed a police report and gave them all info I was given, showed the pictures and then contacted her through e-mail requesting daddy's contact info and gave her a two day grace period. After no replies at all I called her insurance company. They said the policy has not existed since 2006 and have no record of Alyssa just her father! I called the cops and told them this and no one seemed to care! In fact I had to call a second time to get a reply because the dispatcher put me through to the voice mail of the reporting officer and he never called me back. This happened Tuesday August 31 2010 and now it is September 5 2010 and NOTHING has taken course! Is this how the enforcement system is handled? Can she really hit my two week old car that just got detailed and then give me false info and just walk away feeling really sorry? Please help me on this one I thought I had a higher intelegence level than this but I guess it was overshadowed by wanting to believe in the good will of others. That won't be the case anymore! Thank you inadvance for any replies ladies and genlemen.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 04:47 PM

So have you asked the officer to supply you the owners name of the car with that license and VIN ( assuming you got vin off the real car, not just an old card info)

Depending on where it happened ( if on college, do you have campus police, they often have more time to look into minor things) if it was a larger city police, they often don't even come out for minor accidents.

But a good lesson, always call the police when it happens

Or you hire a PI and then find and sue them
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 5, 2010, 05:12 PM

You are going about this the wrong way. You file a claim with YOUR insurance company. You give them the license plate and VIN info. THEY will find the current insurance carrier for the car. They will then contact that carrier and place a claim for you. You should have done this immediately instead of waiting.

Now, if you want to file charges against the girl for giving false info, talk to the local DA's office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hit one car in the parking lot when I am reversing my car [ 6 Answers ]

The other car got some scratches at bumper and tail light got damgaed only so my question is that does it affect my pubilc record and what type of point will I get,does it required any police report for claims?

A lady hit my parked car and lied about it I did not see her hit it [ 4 Answers ]

A lady hit my parked car and lied about it I did not see her hit it but she told me she did

We were hit by a car and pushed into another car. Whose at fault? [ 4 Answers ]

We were hit by a car and pushed into another lane and hit a car, the police report states this and the officer said it was not our fault, but the lady we hit ,insurance is coming after us. Can we fight this or do we have to pay for it. We live in TN.

Car was hit by another car when reversed from the parking lot [ 19 Answers ]

My car was parked on one-side of parking lot with one-way aisle. When I reversed my car to the middle of the aisle, I stopped there as I found a car from the parking lot behind my car rapidly reversed and hit on my car. My car was damaged with a deep dent and caused problem with the light-signal...

View more questions Search