Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dazednconfused21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Missing my two front teeth
    Hello I am 21 years old, in December of 2005 I had surgery on my mouth, I had six teeth removed, I was told I had to wait until it healed to get partials, well while waiting for it to heal they cancelled my insurance(medicaid) so I went 10 months without my two front teeth. I finally got my insurance back and, went to get them(oct.2006. Seeing as they had taken the mold for them 10 months before, they didn't fit right, I coulndn't eat with them in because I would get blisters on my gums, but I didn't want to give them back, I hate not having them. So I kept them. Well anyway, it came to the point not long after, I had taken them out at my grandmother house, to eat, and wrapped them up. Well I left them there, she thought they were just garbage so she threw them away. The next morning I had found out and went to the dumpster I was going to search for them, but they had dumpped it. Well I called medicaid right away, They told me at that time they didn't cover me to get another pair for at least two years. Well the other day I tried to call again to see if there was anything I could do and the woman I spoke to told me I had to wait five years. My family doesn't have money to get them for me and I cannot afford to get them, so I do not know what to do.I have written to everyone I can possible think of. Please help
    gatorhater Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dazednconfused21
    Hello I am 21 years old, in december of 2005 i had surgery on my mouth, i had six teeth removed, i was told i had to wait until it healed to get partials, well while waiting for it to heal they cancelled my insurance(medicaid) so i went 10 months without my two front teeth. I finally got my insurance back and, went to get them(oct.2006. seeing as they had taken the mold for them 10 months before, they didn't fit right, i coulndn't eat with them in because i would get blisters on my gums, but i didn't wanna give them back, I hate not having them. so i kept them. well anyway, it came to the point not long after, i had taken them out at my grandmother house, to eat, and wrapped them up. well i left them there, she thought they were just garbage so she threw them away. the next morning i had found out and went to the dumpster i was gonna search for them, but they had dumpped it. well i called medicaid right away,. they told me at that time they didn't cover me to get another pair for at least two years. well the other day i tried to call again to see if there was anything i could do and the woman i spoke to told me i had to wait five years. My family doesn't have money to get them for me and i cannot afford to get them, so i do not know what to do.i have written to everyone i can possible think of. please help
    That sounds right... insurance won't cover a new denture right away... your only option, unfortunately is to maybe go to a dental school and have a dental student make a new one for you, if you have a dental school in your area.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Yes a lot of should have, like most dental places actually fit you when the teeth are taken out, and you get them in a day or two, not months latter.

After too much time the mouth changes so an old imprssion should havenever been used. ( as you figured out)

And insurance is tough. There are plans, ifyou havve the money to pay them, that will pay for 1/2 of the cost of partials after havving the insurance for 6 months. But you still have to pay for 1/2.

There are some dentists that will do payment plans with you.

And then in the end, get a second job, work part time and save up money for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teeth whitening [ 2 Answers ]

What is in teeth whinting products that make your teeth white?

Missing front tooth [ 2 Answers ]

My 13 year old daughter has a missing front tooth. She is very self conscious!:( Her milk tooth came out late, when she was about 10. As a result of that her adult front tooth is on the front of her gum and has not come down yet The dentist just keeps saying it will come down but I really don't...

Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 years old . Her front teeth has fallen out naturally at the age of 4 years, but the new teeth is not coming out still. Is there any problem with her teeth or should I wait for some more time.

View more questions Search