Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    precious715 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Health and care
    I have a 10 month old min dashound and she starting bleeding yesterday I need to know how long she will bleed and how often she will come in heat. Thank you
    buzzfuzz55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Hi Precious, Based on my personal experience with raising and breeding boxers, My female had her first heat around 12 months old. After the first heat cycle they have a heat cycle about every six months if they are not around a stud. The bleeding can last up to about two weeks If they are around a stud then this cycle can happen about once a month. If you want to eventually breed your dog I would recommend that you do it when they are at least two years old. You can go to your local pet shop and pick up a thing that acts like a diaper to make it a cleaner process. Also check wwith your vet as the time frame could be different with smaller breed dogs. I hope I helped answer your queestion.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

May 18, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Small dogs may cycle a little more frequently than every six months, but any dog that bleeds monthly has a problem. Most dogs are in heat for 3 weeks. They generally bleed for the first week, are most fertile the second, and may bleed a little the third .
    Of course my recommendation is SPAY asap.
    rachelhobbs08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by precious715
    i have a 10 month old min dashound and she starting bleeding yesterday i need to know how long she will bleed and how often she will come in heat. thank you
    My boarder collie was in season 8 weeks ago for about ten days and she was only ten months. Its usually every six months.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 19, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carolbcac
    Small dogs may cycle a little more frequently than every six months, but any dog that bleeds monthly has a problem. Most dogs are in heat for 3 weeks. They generally bleed for the first week, are most fertile the second, and may bleed a little the third .
    Of course my recommendation is SPAY asap.
    Just as Carolbcac, and Bushg that agreed... PLEASE spay your dog! It is not only good for their health and well being, but they make better pets when it is done! They are more easily trained, and they aren't as aggressive as they may have been if it wasn't done.

You want a happy and healthy dog after all, right? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Health care [ 1 Answers ]

What is the side effect of taking glutathione while taking hypertension maintenance medication

Health care [ 1 Answers ]

Turning the hair grey is one of the gluthathione's side effects?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

Health care [ 4 Answers ]

Elements of communication Barriers of communication

View more questions Search