Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    McKittyKey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 06:57 PM
    Connecting hdtv, dvd, dishnetwork and surround sound
    I'm sure this question has been posted before -- couldn't find just the right answer for us -- please forgive the duplication, if I have.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to set up:
    RCA hdtv
    RCA 5.1 surround sound system
    Sanyo DVD
    Dish network service
    Local outside antenna

Using RCA and coaxial cables

Last night, I finally got audio and video on dvd, satellite and local antenna. Couldn't get the surround sound to work with dvd or TV. This morning, fresher brain cells, got dvd to work through the surround sound. Still cannot get hdtv through surround sound.

Reworked all my cables and now I'm only getting audio from dvd, no video, no matter how many times I reconfigure the connections.

My goal: have satellite and local antenna service, hdtv and dvd with surround sound.

I hope this is not to confusing for you to read. It sure as heck is confusing enough for me to understand!! Besides my knees and backside are so tired from spending so many cramped hours behind the TV! I need a break!

Thank you in advance for any advice, suggestions or comments you may have.
    ;)
    dumbo4 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 02:41 PM
    You can run your antenna to the TV with coax, the dvd and dish receiver can be ran to the TV with rca's to input 1 and 2, the TV should have an output for sound (just the red and white cables for the rca). Connect those fromt the TV to the sorround sound receivers TV input connections. That should take care of it. To run the system you would leave the sorround sound on the TV input and just switch inputs on the TV to correspond with how it is hooked up. (input1-dvd, input2 dish receiver, channel 1-69 off air antenna) this way anything that is playing through the TV will be broadcast through the sorround sound

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HDTV Signal [ 2 Answers ]

I live in RI and my local digital cable provider does not offer an HD channel for FOX or ABC. I was wondering if there is an external antenna I can purchase that will hook into my HD ready TV to get the local HD programming? Or if there are any other options out there besides satellite...

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best surround sound for a good price I'm not looking for something that's thousand of dollars but that's in the 200 to 500 range?

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best wireless surround sound system for home use? I really do not want to run wires throughout the room for the speakers.

View more questions Search