Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blaze82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 03:20 PM
    I totaled my car with no full coverage, and my car is financed
    I totaled my car with out full coverage, and my car is financed, I have no problem on continuing making the payments, does any one know what the bank will do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 03:31 PM

As long as you pay the loan back, nothing BUT the contract MIGHT require you to pay in full instead of with installments if the car is totaled.

Take a look at your contract.

Also, if the contract required you to carry insurance and you did not the bank is not going to be warm and wonderful toward you and may move for an immediate judgment against you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 03:31 PM

If you keep paying the payments the bank won't do anything. It's only when you stop making payments on your wrecked car does the bank start wondering where their money is.

Why would you ever consider NOT having full coverage for a financed vehicle is beyond me. Now you'll be stuck paying for a car you can no longer drive.

And as JKT pointed out above, you just might have the loan accellerated and have to somehow come up with the entire amount as the bank's collateral (the car) cannot be repoed or sold as it is wrecked.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 04:13 PM

The bank will not really ever know unless you tell them as long as you keep paying there is no problem, or should not be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of a financed new car with over 15% interest [ 5 Answers ]

HI, My name is janine and I just purchased a 2006 chysler 300 base model about a year ago. It has about 12,000miles and I cannot afford to pay for the car anymore.When I first bought the car I was miss informed by the dealer ship about how much I would be paying monthly.When I realized the payments...

Rear-ended NOT at fault- totaled car [ 4 Answers ]

I was rear ended at a red light. My 3 year old son and my parents were also with me while I was driving. The at fault driver takes full responsibility. The problem I am having... I drive a 94 Mazda Protégé DX. It was in great driving condition. It has never needed major work,great exterior and...

Full coverage on financed car? [ 5 Answers ]

I had 3 points on my driving record, but 2 recently were added so now I currently have 5 points on my record. I'm financing my car through Toyota Motor Credit and have 3 1/2 yrs. Left to pay on it. I can't afford full coverage insurance any longer because of the DUI I just got last month. Toyota...

Financed car and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

If I am financing a car and go not bankruptcy do I lose the car? Please advise

Financed car now to expensive [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, First before anyone says it I am a fool. A huge one. I purchased a 2006 jeep wrangler in dec. of 06. I now owe 25000 on it. However my life style has changed and I want a more conservative and gas saving vechile. What should I do? Someone told me to buy a used car that is worth less...

View more questions Search