Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelle122970 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Lease ended it was weekly then went monthly do I have to pay monthly amount?
    I had a lease that ended in May of 2008 in which I paid weekly rent on and then it ended and it reverted month to month as stated in the lease agreement would this mean I would pay the monthly amount listed on the paperwork or do I still have to pay the weekly rent?

Also they were charging me weekly for my pets and this is not listed on the lease am I responsible for this?

Thank you

M
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 29, 2008, 04:26 PM

If the landlord was accepting weekly payments they should continue to do so. This includes the pet payments.

Nov 30, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Security Deposit Check
    I moved out of my place and I did not have a lease it had run out 6 months earlier. The landlord is trying to charge me for a week of rent even though I have a voice message stating I was paid with the exception of the past due amount I owed her of $300 plus late fees. She is trying to charge me for a tub restoration saying it is not normal wear and tear the tub has some soap scum on the ridges but if you see the pictures you can see I clearly scrubbed it even the drain is clean and clear (would this be normal wear and tear? She is charging $385.) She is also charging me for carpet cleaning even though she did not have this done prior to me moving in (can I ask her to provide that receipt also?)I was also told by another landlord that she needs to provide proof my deposit was in an escrow account is this true? I need some advice on whether or not I have a leg to stand on if I bring her to court this is a large amount of money she is trying to charge me. The only thing I failed to mention here is that the place had mice and all she did was bring me two traps and the water only worked properly if we all took turns between units to shower. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle122970 View Post
    I moved out of my place and I did not have a lease it had run out 6 months earlier. The landlord is trying to charge me for a week of rent even though I have a voice message stating I was paid with the exception of the past due amount I owed her of $300 plus late fees. She is trying to charge me for a tub restoration saying it is not normal wear and tear the tub has some soap scum on the ridges but if you see the pictures you can see I clearly scrubbed it even the drain is clean and clear (would this be normal wear and tear? she is charging $385.) She is also charging me for carpet cleaning even though she did not have this done prior to me moving in (can I ask her to provide that receipt also?)I was also told by another landlord that she needs to provide proof my deposit was in an escrow account is this true? I need some advice on wether or not I have a leg to stand on if I bring her to court this is a large amount of money she is trying to charge me. The only thing I failed to mention here is that the place had mice and all she did was bring me two traps and the water only worked properly if we all took turns between units to shower. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

What State? In some States she must provide you with written notice within X number of days in order to keep the security deposit. Escrow rules differ State to State.

Otherwise - you go to Court with your proof (photos) and she goes to Court with hers (photos, estimates) and the Judge hears you both and decides what is normal wear and tear. As far as the mice and water - did you put your complaint in writing and/or move out?

The mice and water have nothing to do with the withholding of the security deposit, unfortunately.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 08:21 AM

Issues on same tenancy in other post provide background and should be combined.

I answered the other post.

Nov 30, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What State? In some States she must provide you with written notice within X number of days in order to keep the security deposit. Escrow rules differ State to State.

Otherwise - you go to Court with your proof (photos) and she goes to Court with hers (photos, estimates) and the Judge hears you both and decides what is normal wear and tear. As far as the mice and water - did you put your complaint in writing and/or move out?

The mice and water have nothing to do with the withholding of the security deposit, unfortunately.
    This was in the State of NH. I did put the complaints in emails but like I stated she provided traps but I guess that doesn't matter since it has nothing to do with her withholding the deposit.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle122970 View Post
    This was in the State of NH. I did put the complaints in emails but like I stated she provided traps but I guess that doesn't matter since it has nothing to do with her withholding the deposit.

Exactly -

You are going to have to weigh the benefits of suing her vs the benefits of waiting to see if she sues you and then decide how to proceed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monthly problems [ 6 Answers ]

Okay here we go... I haven't had my period for awhile. I don't know what to do I want to get p[ut on birth control but don't let my parents know... I need help so what do I do?? :confused:

Create weekly,monthly,quarterly and yearly queries in access 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have designed a database that keeps a record of users 's details as they enter and leave the library.Examples of this fields are: VisitorID,Name,TimeIn,TimeOut,DateOfVisit,NatureOfVisit All the above are recorded in a table called visitDetails. I have two tables and the...

Monthly cost [ 2 Answers ]

Suppose that your monthly cost for a telephone service is $24.95 plus $.0035 per minute of long distance. Let t represent the time (in minute) that you talk on the phone long distance and M(t) represent the cost in $ as a function of long distance minutes. a. Write a formula, use the function...

Early monthly [ 2 Answers ]

My period is 19 days early not sure why Im usually onetime with my monthly. I do not think I could pregnant

View more questions Search