Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oceanstorms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Find former renters so I can file small claim
    My renters moved out without paying rent or their electric bill. Also did a lot of damage. In order to file a claim against them, I have to have a current address. They left no forwarding address with me and only use cell phones. I do have a drivers license number and a social security number for them. How do I find the current address without it costing me even more money? Any and all advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Hello ocean:

Send them an empty envelope. On the outside of the envelope, write "Address correction requested". IF they left a forwarding address, the Post Office should let you know what it is.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Great idea but that won't work considering I'll bet they didn't leave any forwarding address. Then what?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Where did they work, on the application for rental, who were their references, who was next of kin,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small claim court jurisdiction [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Situation: I would like to file a suit against my previous employer (compensation issue). The office and my home is located in CT. However, the company is officially registered at Delaware. Problem: CT small claim limitation is $3000, Delaware is staggering high $15000 and I want to sue...

Failure to accept payment of small claim, NY [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My ex-landlord sued me and won. I am unable topay the entire amount so I sent a money with a letter detailing that I would send a monthly payment (and any additional funds when available) until the amount was paid. I sent this via certified mail and just received the envelope opened with...

Small Claim - Day Care [ 3 Answers ]

I filed a small claim because one of my customers didn't pay me. I have the documents but I need to know what to do now, Do I have to give it personally to the defendant? I don't think she will receive it from me, she doesn't take my calls and she has been hiding, could you please let me know what...

Small claim Buffalo, NY [ 3 Answers ]

May I post a claim for refund of a security deposit online? Are claim forms available for download? :confused:

View more questions Search