Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherrystone64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Rabie shots
    How often does a dog get there rabie shot?

cherrystone64
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2007, 02:24 PM
    If you are in America, likely your state requires a rabies shot at 4-6 months and annually after that. Other countries may have lesser requirements. Vets disagree about rabies and other shots. Unless your vet seems to be a kook at either fringe area, I would follow their advice. For judging your vet's schedule, check American Veterinary Medical Association. A vet should have a good feel local problems and use a slightly different schedule from the AVMA.

If you are new to dog ownership, you may find ''What does a puppy need?'' useful. See https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802

You may get better answers if you give you location. You can protect your privaticy as I did with northern USA.
    odvalley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Just straight up...

EVERY YEAR!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
    After the initial shots as labman points out, certain states still give the 3 year rabies shots. Mine does and that is what I do. So, as labman states, check with your vet. In all likelihood, your vet follows the states guidelines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Side effects to rabie shots [ 5 Answers ]

My puppy is 7 months old and received his first rabie shot. I would like to know what are the side effects of rabie shot?

Rabie Shots [ 1 Answers ]

How Old Should A Puppy Be Before They Get Their First Rabie Shot?

Rabie shots [ 1 Answers ]

Our new puppy recently had her first rabie shots, afterwards there was a lump. The doctor said something to the effect that this was white blood cell build up and prescribed an anti biotic liquid. Is this common and is this dangerous to the puppy??

Rabie Shots [ 6 Answers ]

When Are Puppies Suppose To Get There First Rabie Shot

2 rabie shots in one year [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I just moved from TX to WI and took my Pug in to meet the vet and get any shots he might need. I had my previous vet fax all his paperwork to the new vet. Well, the new vet gave my Pug a rabies shot and after I got home and talked to my boyfriend (who still lives in TX) he informed me...

View more questions Search