Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmc1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 05:52 PM
    2000 Honda Civic EX suddenly idles at low rpms
    I have a honda civic ex that suddenly idles at low rpms. I just replaced the spark plugs but it still idles at low rpms. Please try and help.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2007, 07:45 PM
    . Check Ignition Control Module, which is inside the distributor. AutoZone will do this for free.
    . Check Idle Air Control Valve and reset idle rpm.
    . Adjust throttle cable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic suddenly cuts out while driving [ 37 Answers ]

I have a 1991 honda civic dx. Worked great until last week when I was stopped at a red light and the engine just cut out. Restarted OK. Then I was cruising down the freeway and the engine suddenly cut out again. I pulled over into the shoulder and it started fine. Now, I can't make a 5 minute...

Honda Civic 2001 RPMs drop rough idle [ 1 Answers ]

This problem has been bothering me for a while and I have tried a few basic things such as replacing plugs, air filter, and I tried checking the EGR with the "pinch" test because I had read that may cause this problem. But, I got the clicking sound, which supposedly means it is working. When I...

Low rpms [ 1 Answers ]

I have a vanguard V21 engine in a lawn tractor and can't get the rpms up. The throttle is wide open but rpms are low. The choke is off. Its only 1 yr old with few hrs on it. Any ideas??

Honda civic 97 idles erratically [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Can you help me. I hope you can. I have honda civic coupe 98 non vtec. When engine runnig cold is OK, but when engine getting normal temperature the idles erratically. It is between 1000 and 2000.I checked idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, oxsigen sensor and many more. They...

Honda civic idles erratically. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Can you help me. I hope you can. I have honda civic coupe 98 non vtec. When engine runnig cold is OK, but when engine getting normal temperature the idles erratically. It is between 1000 and 2000.I checked idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, oxsigen sensor and many more. They...

View more questions Search