Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sue200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Trying to dye hair medium blonde
    Hi there, I have dark blonde hair that I want to lighten, but even with super ash blonde products it turns red. I went to a hairstylist and had highlights done at the same time as another dark blonde using the same lightener... she came out with blonde hair and me with red. Any suggestions?
    SUZZIE Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sue200
    hi there, i have dark blonde hair that I want to lighten, but even with super ash blonde products it turns red. I went to a hairstylist and had highlights done at the same time as another dark blonde using the same lightener...she came out with blonde hair and me with red. any suggestions?
    Ash is red you will get red with this. I have the same problem with my hair. I have a hair stylist that found the right formula and it does not do that any more. You need to stick with the same stylist and they can figure it out. Go to a creditable stylist pay the big bucks and they will get it right for you, if not its free until they get it right...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Dark hair contains a lot of red pigment in it. And if you apply a permanent hair color on dark hair, it will result in a red/orange shade. In order to go from dark to blonde without the reddish tones, you will need to pre-lighten your hair and then apply a blonde toner. You should consider getting it professionally done. Explain to the stylist what color you want, and he/she will try to achieve your desired color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye over bleached blonde hair back to dark brown and it not fade [ 11 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted blonde highlights. My wife used Loreal Color Rays bleach blonde kit. And put in a lot of streaks. My natural color hair is dark brown. Of course you can imagine how it turned out. The streaks turned out yellowy orange and looked horrible. I waited a week...

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

How do I dye my hair blonde? [ 4 Answers ]

I've just had my hair stripped of its prievious colour and dyed bright orange--huge disarster-- I went back and had it toned down by dying over it, it was OK but I just got back from vacation and the sun and pool have spripped the colour back to a dull urban. I hate it, but I can't afford to change...

Hair dye. Dark.blonde.brown.what color mixes? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay IF you have DARK hair as in it being brownish darkish and then you want to dye it blonde and then brown like an ash brown or light brown what color should it come out? I have a dark hair color it looks brown/black and I want to dye it but I want it to come out as a light brown blondish...

Getting rid of light blonde hair dye [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally dark blonde hair, but last night I dyed it light blonde, although now I don't like it-its too yellowy ginger :( is there anyway of trying to get rid of it (its permenant) like washing with washing up liquid/dish soap? Or baking soda mixed with shampoo? I have been looking but can't...

View more questions Search