Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    becks3394 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 03:30 PM
    If you have been through a Chapter 7 .
    We filed bankruptcy a little over two years ago. (Chapter 7) We did re-affirm our home.
    We have a first and second mortgage. We have tried to sell but with the two mortgages we owe more than it will sell for. Our second mortgage states that they can force a foreclosure. We are not in default yet. But we are having to charge on credit cards to make our monthly bills. The second mortgage does not send us statements since the bankruptcy but states that we have to pay or they will foreclose on our home. I have tried talking with the first and second lenders to plead for any help and they state that there is nothing they can do untless we are in default. Help!
    becks3394 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Does a Chapter 7 wipe out a second mortgage?
    We filed Chapter 7 almost three years ago. After we received our discharge papers, we called our second mortgage holder to see why they were not sending us our statements and they said they could no longer bill us, but that we would just need to continue to pay or they could force a foreclosure. Is this True?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by becks3394
    We filed Chapter 7 almost three years ago. After we received our discharge papers, we called our second mortgage holder to see why they were not sending us our statements and they said they could no longer bill us, but that we would just need to continue to pay or they could force a foreclosure. Is this True?
    Some folks in the mortgage business are just stupid and lazy. But you must continue to pay according to the contract, or you will give them the stick to beat you with.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 04:16 PM
    We filed bankruptcy a little over two years ago. (Chapter 7) We did re-affirm our home.
    but we are having to charge on credit cards to make our monthly bills.
    You had better stop this right now; what you are saying is the Ch 7 did you no good. I suppose you could have less income since the time you filed, but you cannot spend more than your income and stay above water.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Cut your credit cards up, stop using them for living expenses,

Yes they may be able to, they would be stupd to do so, since if they do, the first gets paid and if there is any money from the sale left they get paid, so almost never does a second ever get paid at a foreclosure.

If you can't pay, you can't pay, try to work out a deal with everyone, but in the end do not keep spending money you don't have, that is what got you into the chapter 7 before and now you have at least 6 more years before you could even refile and they will make it harder a second time
    noregrets Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 05:24 PM
    We have a first and second mortgage. We have tried to sell but with the two mortgages we owe more than it will sell for. Our second mortgage states that they can force a foreclosure. We are not in default yet. but we are having to charge on credit cards to make our monthly bills. The second mortgage does not send us statements since the bankruptcy but states that we have to pay or they will foreclose on our home. I have tried talking with the first and second lenders to plead for any help and they state that there is nothing they can do untless we are in default. Help!
    I would talk to the attorney that processed your bk ask if you can reopen your bk and add the house, if you want to let it go?? Also while I am not sure the exact # of years before you van file a 13, I know you can't file another 7 for 7/8 years but you can file a 13 after a 7 ot vice versa. I would definitely call the attorney and ask, if the attorney is unavailable ask for the paralegal who processes the bk files.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chapter 13 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My mother on chapter 13 and she wants out.She has a lot of equity in her home.But she's Not sure what subprime lender to go with. I also wanted to know, Can I change her house deed in my name?

Chapter 13 [ 6 Answers ]

I just made my last payment on my chapter 13 bankruptcy. I am waiting my discharge papers. I was told that I will still have to pay an attorney or interest to my mortgage company. Is this true?

Chapter 13 [ 2 Answers ]

Thank for the info,but will I be able to get a refi since I'm 4 months Behind and there calling every day telling me their going to foreclose? Last month I tried and there seamed to have many bumps in the road Because of this.my new place asked if I was in forecloser because it came Up,but I...

Chapter 1 [ 3 Answers ]

1)You can always add two numbers that have the same units.However,you cannot always add two numbers that have the same dimensions.Explain why not,and inlcude an example in your explanation. ____________________________________________ a)Is it possible for two quantities to have the same...

View more questions Search