Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill Borgardt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 04:28 PM
    I am looking for a repair kit for a shower diverter.
    The shower diverter valve/plunger on my tub came apart. I would like to purchase a kit to replace the diverter valve.
    Bill Borgardt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 04:30 PM

The shower diverter valve fell apart from the water spout and I would like to get a replacement valve

How do I replace the shower diverter valve located in the water output spout on my tub... age 1 year.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 23, 2010, 04:45 PM
    Since diverter spouts are so inexpensive we don't repair them we simply replace them. Diverter spouts are inexpensive and easy to replace. Look under the spout next to the wall line and if you see a square hole then you have a compression type spout.(see image) If no square hole then you have a screw in type.(see image) To remove a compression type spout you take a allen head wrench in the correct size and unscrew to allen head screw and pull the spout out. To remove a screw in type just put a wrench on it and screw it out counterclockwise. Replace with the same type. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to repair a Shower/Bath diverter switch? [ 8 Answers ]

I saw one thread answering the question but still not quite sure. When I turn on the tap the water comes out from both handheld shower and the bath tap. The switch seems to be slightly losen. I have uploaded a couple of pics of my faucet and the diverter switch. Which equipment should I...

Repair shower diverter [ 4 Answers ]

Bath water runs fine, but diverter fails to divert water to shower (no water at all). Is this a fix or replace job - best guess. Thanks

How do I repair my shower diverter? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I repair my shower diverter?

Repair shower diverter [ 3 Answers ]

How do we repair or replace a shower diverter? Water continues to come out tub faucet and only a small amount of water comes out shower head.

Repair Kit for Florestone 4234-1 Shower Receptor [ 2 Answers ]

Esteemed Assistants, We have a 20 year old builer-installed Florestone 4234-1 shower receptor (base, integral drain with Wedge-lok Seal). On discovering a leak in the finished ceiling below, my handy brother-in-law applied silicone caulk to the exposed areas around the top and bottom of the...

View more questions Search