Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    122343 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 02:39 PM
    He says he doesn't trust me. Is this an excuse to break up?
    Hello.. I'm a 27 year old female involved in a relationship that has me going out of my mind... We have lived on the same neighborhood all of our lives. He got married then divorced and went back to his parents. I got married at 22 but then got involved (while still married) with my divorced neighbor. I had always liked him but never hooked up cause he was older than me... we started going out and I fell for him right away. I moved away to see if I was able to get him out of my head but he kept looking for me so I left my husband and moved back to my old neighborhood. He got cheated on the past and had a very hard time getting over it, he dated other women but still had trust issues and couldn't "click" with anyone. When I moved back we started a relationship but he became too possessive. Didn't like me going out with friends cause he though I was going to get involved with someone else. We go to the same gym and even there he doesn't like me talking to other people (specifically guys) even if it's just friendly. I used to be very independent but now I feel I became addicted to him.. all I think about it's him. I was never romantic but now I find myself listening to songs and thinking about him and doing thinks I have never done before. I feel I'm in love with him and until 2 weeks ago we were talking about getting married and starting a family. He has a 9 year old addicted and I get along with her really well but his ex manipulated the girl and now she doesn't want to see me. My BF hasn't called me and the last time we spoke he said he doesn't trust me (even knowing that I love him) cause he believe I'm going to fall out of love and look for someone else. Is this a real reason to this sudden change of mind? Is he overwhelmed with his addicted situation? Or he's just looking for an excuse to dump me?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 03:02 PM
    He may be using past history for his reasons here. I would say if he wants to break up this lack of trust - break up and let him go. As hard as you might think it might be - it will be a lot harder if you persist with this guy. He is not going to trust you very much in any situation. You already mention that he is possessive. RUN, do not walk, towards the nearest exit. People are not things of possession. You can possess a car, a boat, a house, but not another person.

You mentioned that you feel addicted to him. You need to get some counseling for that. I am serious. Psychological addiction is not as uncommon but it is very unhealthy. VERY!
    You are really no more ready to settle than he is.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Does this have to hit you over the head or what? Come on, he has been this way with his first wife, and every other relationship since. You expect him to be cured because you love him? Be realistic and leave him alone, as he needs the long term help of a professional. You could use help also in a few areas of your life. Two sick people cannot make a healthy relationship and both should get help to get healthy before anything else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

Can you regain trust after a break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, here goes. A little background info. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months but we didn't become offical/exclusive tillNovember. He dumped me a few days ago because I told him once again I was uneasy about his friendship with my cousin. I get jelous quite often and moody. He...

Good excuse for violating probation [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed the last 2 months of reporting for probation. Now I at my last appointment and I need a very good excuse as to why I haven't reported the past 2 months. Is there one?

Trust. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all OK well lately I seem to be in a bit of a dilemma... I fear that I don't trust my girlfriend. I don't know if this is true, but I am having suspicions... At the moment we are living in different cities and see each other every month or so, we talk every night or most nights on msn, and...

How do I trust again [ 7 Answers ]

Hi ;) I am in a lot of confusion. I don't know what to do with my situation if my insecurities have really gotten the worst of me. I have been in a 4 year relationship I have thought of him as my soulmate the love of my life we have a beautiful little girl together. Well recently in April of 2004...

View more questions Search