Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silly78 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Is TressPass notice is a criminal record
    I was caught shoplifting (8$ good).security guard took me to room,click my pict,noted License,name,adress& Ph num, No cops called,no arrest.They told me that we r going to generate a tresspass notice and I am banned to enter store.will it be crime record

Is TressPass notice is a criminal record...

Can police issue a trespass notice later if you caught shoplifting but no cops are called on instance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 12:07 PM
    No there is no criminal record of this on your police record, if the police were not called and you did not go to court and get convicted.

The store will have a record of this, so that means someone could find out about it, but not from a criminal record history.

The police can still press charges anytime within the statue of limitation.

The warning means if you do go back, they will arreest you for tresspassing ( not the original theft)
    Silly78 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 04:46 PM
    I am from FL, can u please tell me what's the time of statue of limitation for my mistake??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Without taking a lot of time, and going from memory I believe it is one year. But if they were going to press charges they would have at the time it happened, But they will of course do a tresspass charge if you go back, so that is what you want to not do,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expunging of Military Criminal Record [ 25 Answers ]

In 1995, CID was investigating my friend, when asked, I admitted that I had used Marijuana and LSD with her on one instance. I was not arrested, never went to court, but I was given a Field Grade Article 15/UCMJ. Lost rank, was given restriction and suspension to post. I had never before nor ever...

Criminal tresspass 2nd degree! [ 12 Answers ]

I'm 23 years old married with a beautiful daughter and one more on the way. I recently got charged with 2nd degree trespassing for ending up in a woman's bedroom whom I met 3 weeks prior to the charge. At the time even though I go out and drink about twice every two months I ended up getting drunk....

View my criminal record [ 4 Answers ]

Can I obtain my own criminal record at no cost to me and if so, how?

Arrested - No Criminal Record [ 4 Answers ]

If a person was arrested and in the end, did not receive a criminal record, is that person still bondable? Will the arrest show up when a security check is done on that person? This relates to law in Ontario, Canada.

Criminal background record [ 4 Answers ]

I recently applied for a position at a local bank. They took my finger prints to run a criminal background check through the FBI. The FBI report shows that I was arrested on 12/14/1980 for theft of personal property. The problem is that at the time of the arrest, I provided a false name. Can I...

View more questions Search