Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbrit75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 07:09 AM
    How do I get rid of a trojan horse that is re-edited my registry
    I have a virus that is disguising itself as windows programs like winlogon.exe and csrss.exe, when I check the properties folder, there is another account holder with full permissions called trusted installer. Taken over control of Microsoft security essentials too.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 4, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Back up and rebuild, only real option.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 09:46 PM

Delete that account in user accounts in control panel

Then download and run malwarebytes and let it update itself and run full scan

Malwarebytes.org

Let it remove whatever it finds and post back if still issues with files you mentioned above with as much info with any issues may be having

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trojan horse [ 1 Answers ]

How can I write a trojan horse and which platform is the best suited to do so

Another Trojan horse [ 6 Answers ]

Bob Novak at 'Human Events' identifies a pattern that should've been self evident to anyone who voted for a moderate to conservative Democrat in the last 2 years thinking that they would have a conservative voting record. Instead they are voting exactly the way Madame Mimi Pelosi tells them to...

Trojan Horse Viruses [ 5 Answers ]

Hello This is My First post so here goes These are the viruses that keep coming up on my computer Trojan Horse Collector.11.B Trojan Horse Generic4.Es Now I have scanned my computer alots of times and it says it clear then later on when doing something the virus detector comes up and...

Trojan Horse [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know too much about computers, but I have AVG free for virus control on my PC and in the virus vault it says there is two trojan horse exploits? How do I get these off my computer completely so they aren't even stored in the virus vault? How does one get these viruses?

Trojan horse [ 5 Answers ]

I am running Outlook Express 6 on my Dell PC and have picked up a virus listed as c:\DOWNLOAD.EXE TROJAN HORSE. It has totally dis-abled "WORD" and despite uninstallinig it and re-installing it from a CD ROM I still can't get "WORD" to run. There must be millions out there with this problem. ...

View more questions Search