mpelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 12:03 PM
    about value of old coins
    what is the value of 1916 dime?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Hello m:

It's not that simple. Depending on its condition and its mint mark it could be worth a couple bucks or several hundred.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 12:38 AM
    There are some possible values for the 1916 dime on the following site. Mercury Dime Values It's true that the condition and mint mark makes a great difference as far as the monetary value for collectors it might have. There is a person on this site, namely Flying Blue Eagle, who has the most current information about coins such as the one about which you are asking. Hopefully, he will be along to respond to your post.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpelle
    what is the value of 1916 dime?
    Mpelle - The 1916 dimes were minted at 3 different mints.- The mint marks are, ( NO MARK- IS REALLY -PHIladelphia ) ( D is DENVER ) ( S - is -san Francisco ) You will find the mint mark on the back side of the coin,at the bottom just to the right of where it says "ONE"and just on the left side of the" branch "(you will see a " D" or "S") If the coin is badly worn you may have to use a magnifier glassto see a mint mark. These DIMES were called the ( MERCURY <DIMES) Please tell me what the mint mark is (IF IT HAS ONE) and on the face side ,just as close as you can about what you think the condition of the coin is, HERE IS A EXAMPLE OF WHAT TO LOOK FOR > ( G-4 GOOD -LOWEST GRADE.) LETTERS AND DATE CLEAR LINES AND BANDS IN FASCES OBLITERATED ) { THE "FASCES" IS ON THE BACK SIDE <IN THE CENTER OF COIN<BFANCHES ON BOTH SIDES< AND UP CLOSE TO THE TOP OF IT " LOOKS LIKE A OLD BUGGY TOP} { ON IT YOU WILL SEE LINES RUNNING UP AND DOWN -FULL LENGTH AND 3 RINGS 1 IN MIDDLE AND 1 ON EACH END } THE NEXT GRADE IS { VG-8 ( VERY GOOD ) - THE NEXT GRADE IS ( F-12 FINE )THE NEXT IS ( VF-20 VERY FINE ) NEXT IS( EF-40 - EXTREMELY FINE - { ON THIS GRADE IS { ONLY SLIGHT WEAR ON DIAGONAL BANDS > BRAIDS AND HAIR BEFOR EAR _CLEARLLY VISABLE.} THE NEXT IS ( AU-50 - ABOUT UNCIRCULATED ) NEXT IS ( MS-63 - CHOICE UNCIRCULATED ) NEXT IS ( MS-65 GRM UNCIRCULATED ) EACH GRADE HAS CERTAIN THINGS LIKE I WROTE ON A COUPLE OTHER GRADES< THE HIGHER THE GRADE IS THE MORE BETTER CONDITION THE COIN HAS TO BE !!! GIVE ME THE THINGS I ASKED FOR ABOVE AND I WILL HELP YOU TO AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE< WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO ACTUALLY SEEING THE COIN< IF YOU CAN POST A PICTURE OF " BOTH " SIDES <IT WOULD REALLY BE HELPFUL HERE IS AN EXAMPLE - G-4 LOWEST GRADE , the value will run from $ 3.00 (SIT DOWN ) same grade - $ 900.00 ( NOTE - this will depend on mint mark :::: GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS< KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED YOU HAVE THE RIGHT ONE< , GOOD NIGHT< ILL CHECK THIS SITE TONIGHT Before SIGNING OFF OR BE BACK TOMORROW AFTERNOON ::::F.B.E.:) ;) :D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
    And mpelle, if you would like to post images here and might need some advise in doing so, I do know just the right person who can guide you in how to do that. It would be great if people asking questions about coins would post images of them on this site! Once I get a decent digital camera, I think that I will start to do that.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Mpelle - Did you find the mint mark on the dime,? If you have post it on this site and then I can tell you what it is worth GOD BLERSS :::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coins [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how much, a 1999 Pennsylvania quarter with a S mint is worth, also I would like to no how much a dime that was made in 1912 is worth? I have a tape , a hunting tape, that has dale earnhardt on it, he gets a big deer could someone tell me what it may be...

Values of a few different coins [ 3 Answers ]

I have a few coins and was just wondering if they had any value besides face value 1916-D Wheatback Penny (2)- 1944 Wheatback Pennies 1776-1976 Eisenhower Silver Dollar Coin 1966 Kennedy Half Dollar 1981 Silver Coin with the words "Diez Pesos" on the front - my Dad found it walking across...

Old Coins [ 4 Answers ]

I went to a garage sale today and purchased 4 coins, three of them are US three cent pieces with dates of- " 1865, 1867, 1870,". They are in an old cardboard & cellophane holder. The other coin that I purchased is an old replica 1776 coin from colonial america, the package that it is in seems...

Coins [ 1 Answers ]

I found a chinese coin in which it says ten dollars. It looks like it's made of nickel and it has a copper center. It also says hong kong on the bottom. 1994 is the year and chinese letters on the top. How much is it worth and can I exchange it at the foreign currency place.

View more questions Search