Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisaatindall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Ex Not On Rental Lease & Won't Leave
    My daughter rented her 1st apartment here in Florida and moved her boyfriend in. It didn't work out he won't leave what can she or her landlord do to evict him legally and quickly? She doesn't want to leave she is the only one on the apartment lease and the utilities are in her name also. Help!!

Thank You.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 17, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Have her call the local police non-emergency phone line and ask them.
    They should at least point her in the right direction.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 01:18 AM
    If he is not on the rental agreement then he can be removed.
    TIFFANY505 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Has she called the police and had him removed since legally he is not a tenant?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2007, 06:07 AM
    If he refuses to leave and he is not on the lease, he's a trespasser. She can call the police and have him removed. Her landlord is not involved in this at all.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Apr 17, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Have the landlord chang the locks and your daughter reimburse him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate never got on lease, now won't leave [ 15 Answers ]

I live in Berks county, PA. My roommate and I agreed to share an apt. beginning Oct. 2006. I signed lease but she needed co-signers to get on the lease and promised that she would. She has since then not gotten on the lease and has become an intolerable, irresponsible and violent roommate. I...

Breaking a rental lease [ 4 Answers ]

My partner and I relocated to Florida two months ago for him to take a new job. When we arrived the job never took place. We both have not been able to find work in Florida and in the meantime his old boss offered him his job back. He accepted because he couldn't find work here in Florida. We...

Breaking rental lease [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter and her boyfriend signed a 1 year lease in August they have since become pregnant the house is very small 1 bedroom no room at all for a baby and all of the items needed to care for one not even room in this apartment for a kitchen table let alone a crib for baby or any other...

Breaking my rental lease [ 3 Answers ]

I am breaking my rental lease because I can't afford the rent and my landlord does not want to what can I do

Rental Lease Agreement [ 7 Answers ]

My roommate and I recently rented an apartment. We are already having some problems with the lessor. Upon signing the lease agreement, the leasing consultant was in a big hurry to get us through all the paperwork. She did not verbally go over all the items in the lease agreement. We were very...

View more questions Search