Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgribin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 01:09 AM
    How do I properly care for a bottle of 1959 Grand vin De Château Latour
    My grandparents were given a bottle of wine on the day I was born in 1983. We were going to open it for the holidays this year but before we did I went on the internet for some brief information and found it to be a rare bottle of wine. We are going to wait and open it on my wedding day. My question is how do I properly care for it? Will it matter now that it has likely not been properly cared for previously? The bottle of wine is a 1959 Château Latour Grand Vin (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac) I appreciate any advice.

Thank you
    Jason
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 25, 2009, 02:21 AM
    Honestly this will be passed it's best, but still drinkable assume proper storage.
    While it is indeed extremely rare, unless it has be properly cellared with documented providence is actual value will be greatly reduced.

My advice, crack it open and enjoy a small piece of history..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a wine described as "Chateau Grand Cru" [ 3 Answers ]

When my friend was at college in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania in the mid-1970's, he would often go on a sunny afternoon to an outdoor café nearby. There he and his friend would play chess and enjoy a bottle of white wine and a cheese and fruit platter. He says it is the only wine he ever really liked,...

1959 Cast Iron plumbing [ 4 Answers ]

We are considering purchasing a home with cast iron plumbing lines - please advise as to hazards and fixes to remedy this outdated plumbing; also costs.

Artist--somewhere between 1959 and 1962 [ 9 Answers ]

There are many groups that sang "Gloria." One of my favorites is the Cadillacs. However, there was another version--late 50's or very early '60's---the same words, BUT the lead singer cries in the middle of it. Can anyone tell me the artist---most likely a group. Thank you.

View more questions Search