Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabanack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 01:48 PM
    Bath Tub spout
    May sound simple to most of you but I'm having a hell of a time with this. The diverter on the bath tub spout lets half the water drian out of the spout and the other half comes out of the shower, I removed the spout and went to Lowe's home depot etc and they don't have one remotely close to this one. The end of the pipe is about 3 inches long with no threads, the old spout slids over that and then screws on to the end of the pipe near the wall. I cannot find a spout that has the area free so the end of the pipe can slide in and then screw on to the wall any suggestions. Its 3/4 inch

Also 4 yrs ago the whole house had great pressure, now we don't have good pressure any where, no changes were made, any suggestions

Thanks Dave
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 22, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Hi Dave,
    It's not all that easy to locate a 3/4" slip on diverter spout but if you will click on. http://www.absolutehome.com/web/cata...2987D5F2A151AA
    And check out what they have you may find what you want.
    Your house pressure's another story. How old is your house? What kind of piping do you have? Did this loss of pressure happen suddenly or did it come on gradually?
    Back to you. TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tub spout [ 23 Answers ]

I replaced my bath faucet and now am struggling (to say the least) to get the tub spout to not leak. It is a brand new spout that come with the faucet. A delta faucet. I cannot get the spout to not leak. I did the directions to a T and for whatever reason the spout keeps leaking through the...

Can't remove old tub spout [ 4 Answers ]

My shower dribbles and has no pressure. I know I need to replace the tub spout, I bought a universal, but, I can't et the old one loose! Any suggestions? Thank you!

2" Tub Spout [ 1 Answers ]

I took off an old tub spout to replace it - it was then that I discovered that it was a 2" inlet.... No one seems to selll these anymore... any suggestions on where to find one? I reall don't care what it looks like as long as it is functional- we are going to re-do the bathroom someday and will...

Need help replacing tub spout [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, my husband and I are not the handiest people in the world. We needed to replace a tub spout with diverter, as water was not coming out of the shower head. We bought a universal tub spout with diverter, the kind with a thread screw and retainer ring. We followed the directions to a T, and...

View more questions Search