Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dungnguyentt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Leaking bath tub spout
    I have a Delta single handle bath tub spout that was leaking for more than a year.I have tried to replace the rubber seals inside the valve body but the situation worsens.Can you give me some advice? Do I need to replace the new spout?If so, how to remove the old spout?Thanks a lot.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 02:46 PM

Can you tell us the model Number of your faucet and also where is it leaking from, I guess your single handle faucet is leaking and the water is coming out of the spout am I correct, if you give us the model number or post a picture of we will be glad to help, Thanks.

John
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 02:55 PM

John is correct, you could replace that spout 10x and you will still have a drip. The Delta is repairable and rebuildable if you can show or tell us what model you have. Maybe you will need something like this Delta Tub & Shower Cartridge # SL1325 by BrassCraft

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tub spout [ 23 Answers ]

I replaced my bath faucet and now am struggling (to say the least) to get the tub spout to not leak. It is a brand new spout that come with the faucet. A delta faucet. I cannot get the spout to not leak. I did the directions to a T and for whatever reason the spout keeps leaking through the...

Can't find odd sized bath spout w/diverter [ 1 Answers ]

I have been to a total of six hardware and plumbing stores in my city. They have all told me that I have a very odd shaped bathtub spout. It is bigger that 3/4" and smaller than 1". One guy told me that it must be 7/8" but still couldn't size it with pipes. I have to find this piece cause I need to...

Bath tub spout, diverter replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to replace the diverter or spout in my bath tub. The original is the slip on type with a hex screw at the back. The new one is threaded, is there an adapter I can use to make it work ?

Leak at Bath Tub Spout [ 4 Answers ]

We remodeled our bathroom a ways back. All new plumbing. My wife noticed a couple of months later, that we had a leak. The bathroom is exposed to the basement which is good. I could see the leak was coming from the kohler twin ell. The twin ell has a 1/2 inch pipe coming out of it to the bath...

Bath Tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

May sound simple to most of you but I'm having a hell of a time with this. The diverter on the bath tub spout lets half the water drian out of the spout and the other half comes out of the shower, I removed the spout and went to Lowe's home depot etc and they don't have one remotely close to this...

View more questions Search