Ask
    splendid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Bypassing remote control
    How do you bypass the remote on a unit without a reversing switch?"
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 14, 2009, 08:41 AM

Remote controls have both a transmiter and a receiver, the receiver must be disconnected. Tell us what this is on, a ceiling fan or what. More details will get you a better answer. Back to you
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 05:58 PM

If your remote has a reverse button, it's unlikely that it can be bypassed. How many wires go to the receiver and what colors?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bypassing a factory installed remote control [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I hope that you guys can help me. I have a ceiling fan that turns itself on and off whenever it wants. Actually, I have 2 but the same problem exists with both. I have installed many ceiling fans, and apart from the occasional wobble, I have never had a problem. I have recently built a...

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Bypassing a ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing older ceiling fans (there were separate wall dimmer controls for both the light and the fan) with new harbor breeze fans. The wiring is a bit tricky so I would like to bypass the remote altogether. Is it possible to simply omit the receiver and remote and install the fan as a normal...

View more questions Search