Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matsaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 01:08 PM
    My text does not explain this well
    When fixed costs decrease, what does this do for sales?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 02:14 PM

Decreasing fixed costs do nothing for sales.

Decreased fixed costs affect your bottom line and profitability.

You could make the case that if it costs you less to do business, then sales would increase your profitability.

For example, if your sales net was 1000 and your costs were 500 then your profit was 500.

However, if sales stay the same and the cost goes down to 400 then your profit is 600.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Scanner that converts text image to real text [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Helpdesk advisors, I look for a scanner,that reads any character from paper,converts it to text and has interface with Microsoft software.Usage area: reads product name , unit of product bought, price and other sort of text info.The scanner is able to convert printed and possibly...

Convert image (pdf, typewriter text) to text file [ 21 Answers ]

I've played with 3 different OCR apps (including one that seems to be tops (Abbyy Fine Reader Pro) and find it too much. Easy to use but far too time consuming for my skills with it. See the attached pdf (38 pages of typed text). I have it and 5 others that need converted but am finding it too...

Can you explain to me how to do this [ 7 Answers ]

Cinnamic acid contains only carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, and is found by analysis to be 73.0% C and 5.4% hydrogen. In titration, 18.02ml of .135M NaOH is found to neutralize .3602 g of cinnamic acid. a)find the empirical formula of this compound b) find the molar mass of this compound c) write...

Please explain [ 1 Answers ]

I had asked his question and you had answered this question as follows... I also worked on something and I am posting my answer, could you please check and let me know where I am wrong/right... A title manufacturer has supplied the following data: Boxes of tiles produced and sold 240,000...

View more questions Search