Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duck2duck35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2006, 02:45 PM
    Renter in a Lease - Wanting to Purchasing A Home
    Can someone tell me please, I am currently in a lease for the past 19-months and have 5-more left to go on a 2-year Rental Lease. With the housing market prices falling, I decided that I want to purchase a house. Is there anywhere in Maryland Law that indicates that if a Renter wants to purchase a home they could end there lease early? Any advise? Thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2006, 03:14 AM
    No. 5 months is not a long time for finding and closing on a house, so start your search now, and when you make an offer, write a contingency that you take possession after your rental lease is up.

... just my thought on it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 2, 2006, 05:33 AM
    Rick is right, its unlikely between searching and scheduling a closing that you will be ready to move in less than 5 months. If you are, you might have to pay the last month or two on the lease. If you still haven't found something when the lease expires, then you continue on a monthy to month basis. Don't sign a new lease, though you may have to pay an increase in rent. Also check the notification clause. Make sure you know how much notice you need to give of when you are moving.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Oct 2, 2006, 06:25 AM
    NO - there is no "get out of lease to buy a home" card.

Discuss your problem with your realtor and have him/her find a replacement resident for the balance of your lease with your landlord's blessing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renter/Roommate/30-day Notice [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Huntington Beach, California. I have a roommate. I offered the room to him below market rates because he is a good friend. I introduced him to my friend. They are now dating. She is also at the house half the time, sleeping over and doing laundry. I need my privacy. I do not want him as a...

Evicting a non renter [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend moved in with my family when she got pregnant. She has been here for a year now and the relationship is not working out. I have asked her to leave but she refuses. The sherrifs dept. says that I cannot make her leave, I have to evict her. What do I need to do to evict her.

Purchasing a new computer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old computer that continues to work okay but have the opportunity to purchase a new one. Is this a good idea? I have been given a lot of software that I am not able to use on my computer as the OS is so old. My current computer is a HP Pavilion with Windows 98 SE, a 500 mh...

Renter [ 1 Answers ]

I rent and occupy a two family dwelling shared with my landpeople, husband and wife team. They switched our furnaces without notifying me. Suddenly my gas bill shot up after the switch. Did they have any rights to do that without notification? :-/

View more questions Search