Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacobsmommy123 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Just found out he is behind on Car note
    In our decree it states that I take possession of the car ( which I have currently) and its still in his name only... and he is to pay the note... He brought my mail from his house to me this morning and in the stack was a bill from the finance company where the car is financed and he hasn't paid a note since May of LAST YEAR! He is 11000.00 behind on the car. I knew he was late on the note a few times because the finance company called me last August asking about the note, and I told them the situation and that he was responsible, and gave them his address and phone number. But then the calls stopped , around October, so I assumed he had paid the note. This is my only means of transportation, I cannot buy a new car, and I was just about to repair this one and put new tires and everything on it... But now Im afraid they will pick it up at any moment.I haven't heard anything from the finance company since last year, and he says they don't call him either, he just keeps getting bills. I don't know what to do .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2009, 01:56 PM

You go back to divorce court and get an order that he abide by the decree.

Jan 27, 2009, 02:02 PM

Should I call the finance company? Im not sure what good it would do because with it in his name m they won't talk to me about it. Only talked to me to find out where he was .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2009, 03:39 PM

That's a tough one. I would tend to say no, but by the same token, you don't want to be surprised by a repo.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 04:33 PM

What does the title say on the car ? Does it have the finance company on it ?

If not he could transfer it to you as it would appear the loan is unsecured.

Jan 27, 2009, 04:35 PM

Exactly.. Im thinking I should just give it to them now... Theres no way I can catch up a years worth of late payments, even if they would talk to me . It surprises me that they haven't picked it up yet, after all this time.

Jan 27, 2009, 04:35 PM
    The title is Liened by Credit Acceptance Corp.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsmommy123 View Post
    The title is Liened by Credit Acceptance Corp.
    Your only recourse is going back to court and see if they can somehow get him to pay on it. He is in violation of a court order at this time from the sounds of it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 04:57 PM

In court you should have gotten,
    POA over the car title, allowing you to sign his name and deal with the loan company. Also a statement as part of the court settlement that the car was to be paid for by him but given to you.

You can take hiim back to court, may have to pay for it yourself and then go to court to be paid back by him.

They really don't want the car back so if you will set up payments with them I bet they will work with you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

On a different note [ 9 Answers ]

So Ive been working this third job for about a month and there is this fine waitress who has been flurting it up with me. On sat I come to find out she has a boyfriend of 4 years, Now I was not going to pursue this in the first place because of her age. Im 25 she is 18. In my eyes she is to...

Thank you note [ 2 Answers ]

How do you properly write a thank you card to reverend

Getting a car note out my name [ 1 Answers ]

I have a car that I pay a high car note and I tried to refinance it but I paid way too much for the car and they won't I have a friend that would take over the note how do we put it in her name now if she has bad credit,I don't want to take her word that she will pay it I want to be completely rid...

View more questions Search