Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConfusedCat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Lost and confused
    Hi there!

My ex boyfriend and I broke up about one and a half weeks ago, and this has been an emotional rollar coaster ride. We were together for 5 years. He is 21 and I am 20. We live in a duplex house. I do not ever see him, but its still hard. We haven't been getting along since earlier this summer, and he kind of just bit the bullet and broke up with me. About two days later he said he misses me because we were best friends and that it should not be awkward between us. He also said we should be able to hang out without being weird. I obviously said that can be fine as friends, but we obivously have stuff to work out before we jump back into it, and it wasn't going to be that easy. Well about 3 days after that I asked how he was and he was giving me short answers, so I asked what was up and he said we should go our separate ways and who knows what we will be in the future, and that I am a great person, and we had so many good memories, but its just how he feels right now. He said he doesn't know that he is over me, but we need to do our own thing for while, he is sorry he was playing with my head. And all this other stupid stuff. Why is he going back and forth. So now I haven't talked to him in two days and ITS killling me. The only thing was today when I was driving my car into the drive way, he was walking and he turned, looked at me, and looked away and kept on walking. Does he hate me? Is he even sad? He is my friend on Facebook and he seems so happy. I am doing the same thing to seem like this is not bothering me. I don't want him to know I am this sad. I am keeping my mind off him with my best friends, but at night it sucks. Any ideas what he may be thinking? What's on his mind. If it makes a different he has never been with another girl. I have been with one other guy. But we were eachothers first loves. What could he possibly be thinking?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 06:33 AM

If you keep talking to him, you're just going to keep adding to the confusion.

Cut all contact from him. Delete him from Facebook. Pretend as though he doesn't exist. Here are the no contact rules: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...qs-332732.html

Every time you talk to him, you're going to reset all the progress you've made and just prolong the pain.

It's not easy to become friends with an ex right away. It's better to distance yourself from each other in order to heal properly.

Leave each other alone until you've recovered from this break up. Put the "friends" idea on hold because that's just going to make you suffer more. Wait until you've healed and feel more objective about the situation before you worry about a possible friendship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused and Lost [ 2 Answers ]

Well there is this girl I like and really care about her. Recently she got out of a 1 1/2 yr relationship and has been single for about 7 months. We're really good friends and I am close to her family. Right now she's not looking for anything right now because she has her mind set on being...

Confused and lost [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: my mom meet a guy and well they are going to be getting married. So we moved to his place which I am not use the surroundings at all,new to me and I can't stand it. It had been a month and I decide I can't take it a anymore! I talk to my dad and he said that if I want to move with him I...

Lost and Confused. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I'm new to this and didn't really know where else to put my question. I need help/advice on a situation at work. I kind of got involved with another employee at work. We have had sex 2 times and my guess he really got attached or its because he's mexican. Maybe both... I really don't know. I'm...

Lost and confused [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just started having sex and while he has had sex with other girls, he is the first person I have had sex with. I am 18 yrs old and we are both very frustrated because I can never feel pleasure when we have sex and the only way he gets pleasure out of it is when he knows I do...

Lost and confused [ 5 Answers ]

Im Not Sure How Or What To Do With My Situation!! Well To Make The Story Short... I Married An Idiot That Is Illigal And We Moved In Together . When We Got Married He Told Me He Was Going To Give Me His Car As A Marriage Gift... A Little Down The Line He Asked If I Would Help Him Get...

View more questions Search