Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walterspad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 10:29 PM
    Spousal Support
    State is SC, married 20 years, my income is $24,000 per yr. Spouse income is $60,000. We rent our home and have agreed on how to split debts and how much child support will be given. He only wants to do the child support until our son turns 18 which is in a year and a half. He then only wants to do spousal support for 3 more years for a total of five. He wants to do $1200 per month child support and spousal support combined for the 1 1/2 years and then only $600 for the other three. Am I crazy because I do no think that the $600 is enough and 5 years isn't reasonable either. Help...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 24, 2011, 06:20 AM
    Here is a link to the S.C. child support calculator. That should give you an idea of how much for child support.

SC Child Support Enforcement - Child Support Obligation Calculator

And here is what the law says about spousal support.

Divorce Support - South Carolina Spousal Support/Maintenance/Alimony Factors

It is on a case by cae basis. Also property division seems to be part of the equation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2011, 11:45 AM
    Agree, as to child support her really does not have a choice on what it is to be. And the two should not be combined, there needs to be an amount for child support and an amount for spouse support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spousal Support [ 2 Answers ]

I am on disability now 10 years(fibromylgia)getting a divorce how much money a month is he reqiured to pay me to help me live.i can't work and sometimes can't get out of bed.we have some money he has an anuity from his mother's death but i took care o her while she was sick.help me i need to get...

Spousal support [ 5 Answers ]

Will I loose my spousal support if he files for bankruptcy

Can I get spousal support ? [ 1 Answers ]

We've been married for almost 2 years but been together over 4 years. I supported him while he was in prison for at least a couple of years. I have receipts and he even signed a couples agreement that if we split within 3 years of his release he'd have to pay me $5000 a year for every year I...

Spousal support [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married 8 years to a spouse who had etoh and psych issues that I was unaware of. She was short of PhD and I RN. I am working and she isn't now and just taking full advantage of my working . Her attorney is bleeding me dry It appears that the court doesn't want to hear the why's...

Spousal Support [ 10 Answers ]

In my final divorce decree. I am responsible to pay spousal support to my ex-wife for two years. I live in Virginia State. Now, during the two years my ex-wife got married and never informed the courts of the legal change in her maritiall status! My question is whether or not the spousal support...

View more questions Search