Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsoawesome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2010, 03:17 PM
    I rent a room in a house, and am moving soon. Landlord has changed the 'rules'
    I have been having problems with my landlord since I moved into the house. He allows people over that disrespect me, has loud parties every weekend, eats all of MY food, but doesn't touch the other housemates things. I gave my 30 day notice to move, and am currently looking for housing. The newest issue is now my dog. I have a very expensive, pure bread dog, which the landlord is now insisting be kept in the garage at all times when I am not home. I am against this, and think its inhumane. He has threatened that if I don't lock my dog in the garage, he will leave the front door open when he comes home and if my dog is gone, then it is my fault for not securing him properly. When I moved in, these were not the terms, and the other dog in the house is allowed to stay inside. The garage is also used as an entrance to the house by the other roommates, and I am afraid they will not notice if he slips out when they come home. Can he do this? What can I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 04:49 PM

I take it this is some sort of "rooming" house ? If so, I can't understand them even allowing the dog in common areas. And he is correct, the other residents are not liable to keep the dog secured, the dog should be crated or in your room, or somewhere safe.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 08:06 AM

Crating is called for otherwise you are definitely going to be out one pricey dog soon. Which would you prefer? Buying a crate or buying a new dog? Until you do move out you have not choice in the matter as the landlord is just being a jerk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My step son does not follow house rules and does not help paying the rent or bills [ 2 Answers ]

After my husband was ask to vacate the house on 08/09 by the court following a domestic violence , my step son who is 23 years became hostile toward me in the house, disrespectful and arrogant. I gave him a 30 day notice to vacate on October 2009. Following that I went to the court to ask an...

I rent out a room in a house where I live with my landlord/roomate. Problem is [ 1 Answers ]

That my landlord/roomate smokes pot in the house. I realize that when I moved in that he allowed smoking in the house. However, I was unaware that he is a daily pot smoker. I've talked to him about it and he said that he would "cut down". I explained that the smell bothered me and he said well...

Ex Landlord Withholding Rent after house sold [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my Fiancé were renting a house we knew was up for sale. We moved into it in Sept. 07. The landlord told us that the contract was up w/ the Realtor in Nov. and he would take it off the market then. However it stayed on the market. And we continued to allow people to disrupt our daily life to...

Landlord is selling house; 10 mo remaining to Rent [ 2 Answers ]

Landlord is selling house; 10 months remaining on a 2 year Rental/lease agreement. If he sells the home, do I have any reprocussions? Is it possible for the Land lord to pay for a local move (San Diego)?

View more questions Search