Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Windshield21 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2008, 10:24 AM
    My routine.
    I see a lot of people asking for workout routines and diets... so I figured I would post what I do. Since it definitely worked for me. The main thing about this diet is NOT OVER EATING. You really, really, have to moderate how much you eat and not slip up. You cannot expect any diet to work if you are constantly sneaking a potato chip or a spoonful of ice cream, you have to cut out all of the junk food. If you get hungry eat a banana or some almonds. First I will post my diet and then my work out plan...

Breakfast

1/2 Grapefruit(no sugar)
    1 piece of spelt Bread(can be gotten at organic food stores) with almond butter
    1 Bottle of water... or 1 glass of raw milk (I personally alternate since I don't like milk very much but have to get calcium from somewhere)
    1 multi vitamin

Lunch

Option 1:

PB&J made with spelt bread, almond butter, and organic jelly
    1 apple
    1 banana
    1 handful of almonds(around 24)
    1 bottle of water

Option 2:

Naan bread(can also be gotten at organic food stores) made into a pita pocket with spinach, 1 chicken breast, 1 avocado(gotta love that good fat), and Celtic sea salt.
    1 handful of almonds
    1 bottle of water

Dinner

Artichoke pasta with vegetables (the more you put in the better!) I go with red pepper, broccoli, spinach, parsley, and garlic. I also will add a chicken breast depending on what I ate for lunch. Dinner is probably the most difficult part of the diet from personal experience, so to keep it fresh keep changing the vegetables and use some seasoning.
    1 bottle of water

In Between Meals

Everyday I eat 1 Clif bar after breakfast and 1 after lunch (I highly recommend Clif bars because they are organic and have a very good balance of nutrients). My favorite flavor is Oatmeal Walnut Raisin, but they have tons of delicious flavors so you don't have to eat just one! These also really help with protein! Also drink a bottle of water with each Clif bar.. and about 1-2 other bottles of water throughout the day!

So that is the diet and foods you should eat... don't skimp and eat a candy bar or something.. .if you have the will power to just keep walking when you see the candy bar you will feel better about your self afterwards I promise!

Now for the work out routine... I recommend doing the routine 6 days a week(AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP make sure you do this before you eat breakfast as it is much more effective!)... and running 1-2 miles 3 days a week. The most important part of this workout is a jump rope! So if you don't have one lying around run out to a sports store and pick up a speed rope(highly preferred over a weighted rope). With the routine you will be doing 8 different exercises and every time you do the routine do them in a different order. At first you will not be able to jump rope for the full 3 minutes at a time so build up to it and use the first 2-3 weeks of the diet to become more healthy and get used to jumping rope.

Routine
    Jump Rope - 3 Min
    Regular Crunches - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min
    Regular Push Ups - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min
    Leg Raises - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min
    Wide Push Ups - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min
    Ab Brace - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min
    Narrow Push Ups - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min
    Bicycle Crunches - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min
    Elevated Push Ups - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min
    Ab Work Out Of Your Choice - 1 min / rest for like 5-15 seconds
    Jump Rope - 3 min

It may seem tricky at first but I guarantee you if you keep with it you WILL see results... I have been doing this for around 8 weeks and all of my friends I have not seen because of college and such have said I look much thinner! It is totally worth it and after the first 2-3 weeks you won't even cheat anymore(yes I would sneak like a bite of junk food) but eventually you don't even want to cheat anymore and you just all over feel MUCH MUCH better! Hope this helps someone out who can't figure out what to do! To date I have lost around 16 pounds in just 7 weeks (From 170 down to 154 currently!) So even if you are not overweight just looking to get more lean it works miracles! I am 6'0" for height reference..
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 11, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Very nice. I love it.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 06:09 PM
    That's very nice a lot of effort and brain went into that I would recommend this to anyone!

Great Work!

Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mixing my CV routine [ 3 Answers ]

All right Everyone! I've been popping to the gym a few times a week now and been doing a bit of a CV workout. My problem is I bore very easily! I'd much rather do 3 separate exercises for 20 minutes each than just do one for an hour! I was wondering if this is detrimental to my regime at...

Daily routine [ 2 Answers ]

What should be the routine of my autistic children? Could you give me a sample schedule?

New Routine [ 4 Answers ]

hey I used to do circuit workout 3x a week and now I do 3x a week diff muscle groups, because I haven't really seen any change w/ what I have been doing. Is this a good move, because I know a lot of people and whatever do it. I'll try and see thanks, but any advice would be good

It getting to be a routine [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I just wanted to put my situation out there and see what advice I could get. Me and my girlfriend have been seeing each other for about a year now, exclusively for the past 7 months. We love each other but lately things have been getting boring. We both go to school full time and both...

Tell me about your skincare routine! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't have really horrible skin, but when I breakout, they're big and nasty and stay forever... I'll start a routine, but after a couple of months, my skin gets evil again and it's back to square one. I've been using St. Ives apricot scrub and following with a neutrogena oil control thing, but...

View more questions Search