Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    livseyfam4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Bartholin cyst and pain
    I was told I have a Bartholin Cyst. I was tender but that is all. The NP told me to take sitz baths and warm compresses. The moment I did I was in pain and have been since. Now I cannot get in to the Dr. for 10 days. I am looking for anything that will help with the pain.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 03:55 PM
    You can help relieve Bartholin gland cyst discomfort by taking warm sitz baths and nonprescription pain medication such as Advil or Motrin.

Call your health professional if your symptoms become worse or do not improve as expected. If you have signs of infection, such as fever, chills, pain, redness, or sudden swelling, see your health professional for treatment or go to your closest emerg.
    livseyfam4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by livseyfam4
    I was told I have a Bartholin Cyst. I was tender but that is all. The NP told me to take sitz baths and warm compresses. The moment I did I was in pain and have been since. Now I cannot get in to the Dr. for 10 days. I am looking for anything that will help with the pain.
    I did the warm sitz baths and that and the compresses made it hurt. I did call the Dr. Office and can not get in for 10 days. ER said go to gyno. I do noot know if I have infection, I have never run fever with one. I guess I will just have to endure. Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Growth in arm! Cyst? [ 2 Answers ]

I JUST noticed a small growth on the outside of my upper left arm. It feels like it's about the size of a small marble. I had a mammogram in July that was negative. I see my OBGYN every 6 months for a breast exam because of a benign breast cyst about 5 years ago. The growth doesn't hurt. I...

Has Anyone had a Ganglion Cyst? [ 13 Answers ]

About a year ago I had a little bruise on my wrist, right in the middle on the top. It was soar but I didn't think anything of it because I have problems with my iron levels and I have always bruised easily. Well maybe a month or to later I had this little bump that you really couldn't see unless I...

Do I have a cyst behind my right ear? Should I be concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

I discovered a cyst tonight that appeared out of nowhere behind my right ear right before the hair line starts. I'm trying to find out if it is something serious or if I'm worried for nothing. I'm just concerned because I was born with a cyst behind the same ear and it had to be surgically...

Cyst-like bump [ 3 Answers ]

I really need someone advice on this. I have a hard bump about the size of a small pea on the inside of my lip close to my vagina. But here's the thing, it only shows up sometimes. When I have sex once a day it doesn't show up but if I have sex twice or 3 times one day it'll appear and usually stay...

Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

Well I was just diagonosed with an ovarian cyst...and the doctor said that it has already ruptured...does anyone know if this could cause a problem getting pregnant?:confused: ..or if this is something I should be really worried about?:( ..One doctor told me that after it ruptured the pain should...

View more questions Search