Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indra_955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 12:57 AM
    Profitability ratios
    Dear sir /madam
    I am doing my project in ratio analiysis were my company balance sheet is showing lose account .so weather I can take a net lose instead of net profit to calculate profitebilty ratio or I should ignore the profitabilty ratio . Please guide me

Yours faithfully
    Surendra kumar
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 02:03 PM
    If you have Net Loss, you use that number.

So if you are calculating Return on Assets or Equity for example, you would have a negative amount.

And it should be negative because overall, you LOST money, not GAINED any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Importance of External environment in profitability [ 1 Answers ]

Here is my question- In what situations do you believe that the external environment of the firm is more important than the internal environment as a determinant of the firm’s profitability? Explain. Thanks, Julie

Ratios for companies? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find liquidity ratios, profability ratios, and solvency ratios for different companies for the years 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006. Does anyone know of a website that I can go to to get that kind of informaton?

Current ratios [ 1 Answers ]

Current Ration, How would the following actions affect a firm’s current ratio? A.Inventory is sold at cost. B.The firm takes out the bank loan to pay its accounts due. C.A customer pays its accounts receivable. D.The firm uses cash to purchase additional inventories.

Trigonometric ratios [ 1 Answers ]

Prove that (cot a+cosec a)^2=(1+cos a)/(1-cos a)

View more questions Search