Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katelyn09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Yeast infection
    I had a yeast infection so I went to the doctor and got medication it went away but when me and my boyfriend had sex it came back so is it possible that he has a yeast infection also and if so what does he need to do to cure it?
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Aug 13, 2012, 03:38 PM
    It's possible for a male to be infected by having intercourse with an infected partner but this is not common. In most cases, unless he has symptoms (white patches on the penis, itching, redness) he will not need treatment and probably won't experience an infection.

Candida (the fungus that causes a "yeast infection") is present on everyone's skin - in healthy females, males and those who don't have sex at all. Whether the fungus over-grows (often depending on the host's immune system) determines what we think of as infection.

Talk to your doctor if you have questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infection [ 1 Answers ]

I just came back from the doctor and I have a yeast infection gave me cream for it Is there things I shouldn't be eating like breads red meat sugar he told. Is there anything I can eat to help speed up the process to get rid of the yeast.

Yeast infection or more? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, has any of you ladies experienced a constant brown vaginal discharge, almost throughout the entire cycle? Also I notice as I write, when I suck in my stomach, my lower abdomen feels funny, like kind of (slightly) sore. I think I had some cramping earlier today. And while showering I saw a...

Yeast Infection [ 7 Answers ]

I've been having this problem for about six months now and I just don't know how to solve it. After my period I get a high fishy smell or just a smell at times. I've been to the doctor many times but each month its all back again. I can't afford to visit the doctor so regularly and I'm tired of...

Possible yeast infection? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have had intercourse recently with my GF, she has been my ONLY partner for approximately over a year. I have never encountered any problems during or after intecourse that has affected my health only until recently. Last week we had unprotected intercourse while she was on her menstruation. I...

View more questions Search