Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khougi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Unknown material in pipes
    I had to replace the main 3" waste pipe under my manufactured home because while trying to snake the pipes one fell and broke the T. Inside I found several inches of a white substance that I have checked with vinegar in case it was calcium and used some liquid lightning (basically sulfuric acid) which also had no reaction. The material is white and almost resembleing cheese curd but pretty tough and had to be dug out with a garden trowel. Any ideas of what it might be.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Is it possible you have been washing paint brushes or doing any drywall work in the past? You are at a point where is doesn't really matter what it is. The drain isn't working and, if it fell, the whole drain line should be replaces with PVC. I am also not a fan of using acid, it may have contributed to your problem. Be sure it is all rinsed away before doing any further replacement.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 06:31 PM
    [chuckles]
    It is grease

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen pipes - detecting burst pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Cold side of the kitchen faucet was frozen this a.m. Trickle returned this evening, followed by an immediate drop in hot faucet pressure - then some brownish water - the brownish water lasted 20 seconds - but the pressure is still low 1/3 pressure now and can get both some hot and some cold Have...

Boyfriend material? [ 31 Answers ]

I've met a great guy, he SEEMS funny, caring, kind and he's gorgeous. We met in a bar and I ended up staying the night as his place. Bad move maybe, because I didn't exactly know the guy, but he turned out to be genuine. I really do like him, and we've only seen each other twice. But we spent so...

Grading material. [ 2 Answers ]

Am running a trench and what with all the rock and it being clay soil was wondering if I could use sand to get plumb then cover with the clay and then with the clay/rocks?

View more questions Search