Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmoss Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 09:40 PM
    Ssdi & child support
    I thank you for your reply. I suppose I was not specific enough in my question. My son is over twenty one, so there is no current support. The state of Oregon is garnisheing my social security disability for support in arears. I have been looking through Oregon, rules and ssdi rules but I haven't been able to find anything that tells me the amount of money they can take out when a person is still grossing less than 10,000, a year?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 10:46 PM

This post needs to be combined with the other thread. If you want to add more or comment then just use the answer box at the bottom of the thread it will make things much easier. That said, it isn't a set amount it is a percentage. In most states it is about 65% of income that can be garnished. Also in most states arrears also rack up interest so really the faster it gets paid off the better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support arrears and SSDI in PA [ 3 Answers ]

Can Domestic Relations take a disabled persons SSDI (their only income) for child support arrears?

Child support and ssdi payments to mother [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I just started collecting ssdi benefits for 1625.00 a month. Wellmy first check is coming and it already reduced and cutvin half for support of my 9 year old. Ok that's not a problem how ever I am still paying support to probation. My ex-wife is lazy and not applying for ssdi through my...

SSDI and child support issues [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, This is new to me, so any feedback is good feedback. I recently got approved for SSDI for serious health issues. My child support was around 600 a month and through Temp disability I kept up with that and childcare as well as providing insc for my daughter. I am a non-custodial parent that...

SSDI Child Support Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

If I received 970 a month from ssdi and my child support order is for 940.00 a month how much of my ssdi can be garnished for this in Calif. Thank You Robin

SSDI and spousal support [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I know I don't have to pay taxes on my SSDI (social security disability) but do I have to pay taxes on spousal support. Here in Indianapolis, we don't have alimony. But my future ex-husband has to pay me spousal support because I am on SSDI. Thanks Shirley

View more questions Search