Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vmontag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 05:11 AM
    u.s.mail boxes
    please tell me who in fact ownes the mail box at my house is it the postal service or the homeowner we have a lot of opions on this thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2007, 05:59 AM
    I found the answer a while back but can't find it again. As I recall, mailboxes have to meet certain requirements and any violation of the mailbox is a federal offense. But the homeowner does own the box.

Why do you ask?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Junction Boxes [ 2 Answers ]

Can I connect a "constant" power source to a "switch controlled" power source in the same junction box? I am putting power to the deck at the rear of my house. One line ( "switch controlled " ) is for the lights, and the " constant power ", is for a GFI, as I don't want to have the GFI tied...

Chewing on Boxes [ 2 Answers ]

I have been the happy Mom to a 10 year old neutered male with a gimpy paw (surgical revision). He has been with me since he was a feral foundling, approx 8 weeks old. He chews cardboard. He doesn't swallow, just chews. Boxes don't stand a chance. Anybody had experience? The vet says he is...

Great Auto Response mail for Employee Suggestion mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As part of HR, I take care of the Suggestion Committee which encourages employees to post their suggestions through mail. The ideas are chosen after a period of 1 month by a pre-designated Committee. For every suggestion, we have to give a positive, motivating response in our...

Window boxes [ 2 Answers ]

I would love to fill my window boxes for the winter season. It would have to be something artificial because it's so cold where I live. Any ideas anyone?

Electric Boxes [ 3 Answers ]

These are some real basic questions, but I would prefer to do it right and avoid potential isssues later. For installation of new light switches and additional outlets... Are metal or plastic boxes better? Why? The boxed have a 3/8" offset marker on them, but I am using 1/2" sheetrock....

View more questions Search