Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rofus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Report an immigration fraud
    We had sponsored a live-in nanny for our 3 yr. old kid from India and within 2 months she mentioned that she needed to go back to India as her parent was ill. She borrowed additional money and soon "left" for India. After about 3 months when we returned from work we found her in our house.She obviously had kept the spare key. We soon found out that she had not gone to India but be-friended somebody here and was living with him. WHen we questioned her she got agitated, and when we were at work the next day she packed her bags along with some cash and jewllwey and vanished. She also took along with her all her papers, SIN card etc.
    I think she now plans to apply for citizenship and was wondering if I can get any help on how I report this crime or get her reported to Immigration Canada as a criminal (We have already lodged a written complaint with the police) I do not want such criminal to become a citizen of this country and de-fraud another family and put their kids in danger..
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Here's the number for Immigration Canada 1 888 242-2100, they don't have a division set up for Immigration frauds like the US does, but at least an agent can help you.

If she has a SIN then she must already be accepted as a permanent resident from my understanding and is therefor not on a work permit. They may not be able to do anything but it's worth calling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fraud? [ 11 Answers ]

Where can I write to find out the status of an immigration fraud complaint I turned in in Las Vegas, Nevada immigration dept. All I want to know is if they received the papers I sent regarding this fraud.. Anybody know? Email me

How do I report an Immigration fraud? [ 20 Answers ]

My friend has had a friend who now is a Green Card holder and working full time, studying full time by receiving government loans. This friend came to US back in 2000 through San Diego, CA and his travel originated from Toronto, Canada. He told his relative and acquaintances that he came from...

Immigration fraud? [ 32 Answers ]

My wife and I went to her final Immigration (Green card) interview in April, here in NYC. She got her restrictions lifted at that time. Within two weeks of that appt, she threw me out of the bedroom and told me that she wanted a divorce. Interestingly enough, when I asked her if she was worried...

Immigration fraud? [ 2 Answers ]

27 years ago, my friend immigrated in the United States through her parents. She was 23 years old and a college graduate. Little did we know that she married her boyfriend secretly before going to the United States and for some reason unknown to us, she did not keep in touch with him and later...

Need Help Immigration Fraud [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me, My friend has made a reckless decision to gain citizenship to the U.S.A. and I don't know what to do! She is Canadian and a lesbian, she is marrying a gay man that she just met a few months ago. They are getting married in L.A. in 2 weeks. I have called the U.S. consulate in...

View more questions Search