Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sym7081 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Which company would gain more profit?
    Hello, I'm new member here, glad being part of the great website and great people here.

Please help me out with this accounting question. Im Stuck totally :(

Question:

If company A has mostly Fixed cost, and company B has mostly Variable cost. When sales volume increase, which company would has higher percentage increase in profit?

And I'm required to write an explanation for around 500 words with example using numbers.

I'd much appreciate if any of you here don't mind giving me some Hints on what do I have to discuss for the answer inorder to support the conclusion which is either company A or B would has higher percentage increase in profit.

Thanks for your kindly help.

Vic
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jun 14, 2007, 06:36 AM
    mmmmm, I really am not sure on this one; but I think I know what it is.
    Due to the rules here I can't give a flat out answer because you haven't made an effort (it is a homework rule). But here is a hint you know that comp A has a constant cost rate but comp B has a "variable" cost rate. Think about what the word "variable" means. Would you know if comp b will have higher or lower percentage increase in profit then comp A do to the variable cost?
    sym7081 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Hello, thanks for the hints :-) I do think compny A will gain higher percentage increase in profit since it has more fixed costs, mean it has a greater return (more profits) as revenues increase, eventhought having higher fixed cost would has more risk of loss :-)
    What do you think about my conclusion? By the way, even I know which company would gain more percentage increase in profit, I'd still not know how I'm going to write it up to 500 words haha.

Have a nice day.
    Vic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Going from for-profit or LLC to non-profit [ 2 Answers ]

How would a company go from being an LLC to a non-profit? I realized my company does a lot of events around philanthropy and our organization mission is very aligned w/ that of many 501(c)3's. Where/who would I find out this kind of information from? A lawyer? A website? If someone could point me...

Absorption costing profit from Marginal costing profit [ 0 Answers ]

I know my opening stock and closing stock figures and I have worked out my annual profit using marginal costing. I also know my fixed overhead absorption rate. Using these figures, what formula do I use to calculate my profit using absorption costing?

I need to gain weight [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 kids and I'm 5"tall and weight no more than 85 lbs.. I love food and I eat a lot.I'm not trying to lose weight cause I don't like to look skinny.. I can never gain weight and when I do I lose them after a while.. I've gain a lot of weight when I was pregnant but I lost it after I had the...

View more questions Search