Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmurre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Unfair probation laws in Wisconsin
    Can someone please help me ? I was sentenced to 12 months probation and only have 3 months to go. My probation officers is being a real jerk! He does not want to believe anything I was to say. I'm on probation for bailjumping (being in a tavern when I should not have been). My court order say to maintain absence of alcohol, continue meds, and redeem counseling. I have done everything I'm suppose to. And still going at it. My probation officer put a restriction on me not to have contact with ex-boyfriend, Which I have not had contact. But the probation officer keeps getting complaints that I'm still with him. I went into a grocery store and my ex-boyfriend came in after me and his ex-probation officer was in there and went back to my probation officer and told him we were together, in reality we were not. Now he wants to sentence to 20 days in jail. I'm also a single mother of two children at home that I take care of myself. Their father started a new job, which he can not mess up because he will also end up in jail. I also have to take care of my mother.
    How can I prove that I'm innocent ?

Dawn
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurre
    Now he wants to sentence to 20 days in jail. I'm also a single mother of two children at home that I take care of myself. Their father started a new job, which he can not mess up because he will also end up in jail. I also have to take care of my mother.
    How can I prove that I'm innocent ?Dawn
    Hello Dawn:

If he violates you, you're going to have a hearing in front of the judge. The PO will have to prove his case first. If he can, then you'll have a chance to refute it.

This sounds like a pretty small town for all of you to run into each other at the same store. If that's so, then that's your defense.

By the way. About your being a single mother and your husband has troubles, and you take care of your mother... If the court cared about ANY of this, you wouldn't be on probation in the first place. I would defend myself, but I wouldn't play the poor single mother card.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation laws [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to get transferred from Colorado to Missouri and my probation officer is refusing to submit my transfer papers, is there any way I can get transferred? My probation officer told me that Missouri would not accept me but I have already talked to them about the transfer and they said that...

Probation Laws [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of questions. My husband is on probation right now and he was sentenced to 3 years. In June of this year it will be 2 years. When he went to his probation officer, and told her he was going to see if he could be let off early. She told...

Unfair landlord demands? [ 3 Answers ]

I am leaving my privately rented house tomorrow. This evening my landlord phoned me to tell me that before I leave I have to have the windows cleaned, the carpets cleaned, and the hedges cut. All in one day, as well as actually moving all my furniture out. I have already completely redecorated the...

Am I within my rights to sue my previous employer for unfair banning? [ 6 Answers ]

Am I within my rights to sue my previous employer for unfair banning of the place of work? Until recently I have worked part time at a bar within the centre of town. I had also acquired another job with better prospects, better pay, better working environment and overall a better place of which...

Is it unfair? [ 10 Answers ]

O.k. so when I found out I was pregnant I had the father of my child, who is 21 say he was going to put a shot gun to my head and kill me and the baby. Now I had called the cops when he had said this to me and he was arrested (not for the first time) and he only spent on night in jail , then his...

View more questions Search