Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Charged stated differently
    My neighbor's relative was charged with shoplifting a few years back.
    He was not arrested. Just to appear in court. He paid a $144.00 fine.
    For a misdemeanor charge.

He notice in the law enforcement database the charge is defrauding
    An innkeeper. With a different statues number than shoplifting.that
    Appeared on his citation.

Would this mistake be helpful, if he wanted to get the charged
    Expunge
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Hello O:

I don't think it will make one bit of difference.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 10, 2007, 06:16 AM
    First, he WAS arrested. You can't be brought before a court without an arrest. He was probably given a bench summons, which was equivalent to an arrest.

Second, he was probably plea bargained down to a lower charge. And no, it probably would not be a mistake so it wouldn't make a difference.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 07:33 AM
    The original charge of a police officer is often changed by the DA office if they believe a new charge ( it can be an added charge, an increase in the charge or merely a differnet charge.

At the first appearance the exact charge will be read ( unless he waved first appearance)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not gay, but I think I'm attracted to women differently from other men? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not gay, because I find women very attractive, but I've learned I don't see women as most men do. Most men seem obsessed with physical attractiveness. I like to see a pretty girl for sure, but I get more pleasure out of an emotional bonding than I think I would in a physical, sexual bonding. ...

Untimely filing stated by insurance company [ 8 Answers ]

I had surgery last summer of 2006 and gave my insurance info the first Dr's office visit, I just recently got in the mail a bill totaling $7735.00 for the operation. I called the collection agency and said I have insurance and why was I getting a bill, come to find out the billing agency for my Dr...

Can I be charged for this? [ 5 Answers ]

I contacted the new tenant who is taking over my lease since my landlord will not call me back. I've been planning on moving out April 7th (early termination approved by landlord) and have yet to get the official o.k. from the landlord. So I'm continuing to get my information about my lease in...

Will I still get charged? [ 1 Answers ]

I have alread received a violation for "Failure to be of good behavior". My PO threatened I could be charged with forgery - is that still coming? I was made aware of this December 22. What I am asking is - if I already got violated on "failure to be of good behavior" could I get violated again if I...

What can you be charged [ 5 Answers ]

I need help, I received a letter today from a collection agency stating that I owe $1800.00 and they are willing to settle for $1100. Here are my problems first of all I am unsure who the money is going to, and secondly if it is to the place I am thinking of which is Capital One. I had received a...

View more questions Search