Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needle176 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Gross Pay stated in Box 16 of W2 form for NJ?
    I live in NYC but I work in NJ and my GROSS PAY for the year was $60350. The state wages for NY on my W2 is $52815.27 but the state wages for NJ is $60350 which is my GROSS PAY! How can that be? I checked my previous W2 from 2006 and the state wages for NJ were A LOT lower than NY, about $10,000 less, could this be a mistake from pay roll/ HR? This issue will make a huge difference when I file for taxes this year; Owing NJ Taxes of about $83 Versus receiving a refund of a few hundred dollars back. Thanks.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 11:09 AM
    I suspect that it might be an error. A phone call to payroll should resolve it.
    needle176 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 12:04 PM
    I just did a Google search and found that NJ state wages include Gross Pay and does not subtract any retirement contributions or pretax health deductions, is this true? If it is, then why did they not state my gross pay in year 2006?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Again, I believe it is an error from payroll.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1099 form for 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

How can I access my 1099 form from Arizona Department of Economic Security unemployment office for the year 2007?

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

Pet deposit not stated in lease.still vaild? [ 3 Answers ]

We paid our landlord $200 pet deposit for each of our dogs when we moved in our rental home. She has since gotten a divorce, making her ex-husband our new landlord. When we re-signed a lease agreement after the divorce, he said all of the deposits would transfer over. Now we are moving out and...

Charged stated differently [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor's relative was charged with shoplifting a few years back. He was not arrested. Just to appear in court. He paid a $144.00 fine. For a misdemeanor charge. He notice in the law enforcement database the charge is defrauding An innkeeper. With a different statues number than...

Untimely filing stated by insurance company [ 8 Answers ]

I had surgery last summer of 2006 and gave my insurance info the first Dr's office visit, I just recently got in the mail a bill totaling $7735.00 for the operation. I called the collection agency and said I have insurance and why was I getting a bill, come to find out the billing agency for my Dr...

View more questions Search