Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Garry2304 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Ceiling Fan Goes Backward
    I bought a house with a celing fan in my bedroom. There was no owners manual and no label on the fan inside or out to indicate who the manufactured the fan. The fan runs in reverse only. How do I get it to go in the right direction? What part might need be replaced? Where can I find the part? Is there another way to find out who the manufacturer is? Thanks!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Does it have pullchains?
    Usually a slide switch on fan switch housing or on top of motor, DON'T Switch while running opposite direction.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:33 PM
    I second 'does it have pullchains', how do you control the other functions on the fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan wiring, 2 blk, 2 what, 1 red, 1 grn from ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to install a hampden bay minuet 2 fan. The prexisting ceiling wires consist of two black, two white, 1 red, and my ground wire. A basic lite fixture was installed previously and controlled by a single wall switch. The wall switch has 1 red on the bottom and two black on the top...

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

Dizzyness on backward summer saults [ 6 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident 24 years ago that left me quite impaired with brain damage. I have since rehabilitated to the point of my current position as senior professional engineer. I am exercising to keep up to my 6-year-old daughter and I have determined that when I do backward summer...

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

View more questions Search