Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gw_30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2007, 01:45 AM
    Hair dying nightmare(black to blonde) x(
    I had been wanting blonde hair for quite sometime and my friend convinced me to dye it. I have natural black hair. So I bought the blonde dye and my friend helped my dye my hair. My hair turned out HORRIBLE! :eek: It's bright yellow on the top and the bottom half is a yellow-orangish color! Yeah. My friend really suck at dying hair. I look like a freaky yellow-orange monster :( I feel and look really stupid. Can anyone please HELP me?
    wagsthedog Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Apr 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
    That's a huge jump in colour & not really one to do yourself at home. You can buy another colour to put over top (preferably a nice brown?) Do a strand test first if you d.i.y and it may also help to make sure you start from the top as your hair has lightened more there... OR GO TO A SALON:) (NEXT time you attempt a home colour it helps to wrap your head with glad wrap as the heat is distributed evenly, it colours evenly) If u really want to go blonde your hairdresser will need to bleach your hair and then put a colour on top. Think about the up keep, re-doing your roots etc, and don't forget those dark eyebrows!
    gw_30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Thanks for the advice! :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 7, 2007, 05:10 PM
    I would strongly recommend not doing this yourself. Hair bleaching agents can damage your hair or leave it in a brassy state. This should be left up to a professional. In order to go from black to blonde, you would have to bleach your hair to an even yellow stage and then apply a toner to reduce the brassiness and make it look natural. Please consider going to the salon and have them do a corrective color.
    Melaniexxxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 10:13 PM
    Kaay this is what you should have done!
    Waited for it to regrow out to half way,died it black waited a weak,then died it blonde..
    Thanks Melanie xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying your hair black [ 17 Answers ]

I'm considering dying my hair black but I've heard that it's unhealthy in some ways. I was wonderinf if any of you know if it's harmful?

Dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights. Need out [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I have dark blonde to light brown hair... I decided to put blonde highlights in... but yeah... they's a little too light of blonde. Is there a VERY quick way that I can tone down the blonde to blend a little better w/ my hair color? 1. my dad doesn't know yet.. and yea... he not going...

Dying black hair back to light brown [ 1 Answers ]

Please can you help me, I have dyed my hair black and would very much like to go back to a light brown I have been to a hairdresser who says I have to have it stripped then re coloured but I would need at least an incj of roots which I would rather not do as I would look stupid. Is there any...

Dying my black hair red [ 2 Answers ]

OK my hair was naturally red,like a long time ago,this school year when I came I dyed it black, after a while I have been wanting my red back, well me and a friend bought the light arburn red lazt night and did my hair,it died my roots really pretty but the rest didn't work,llike you can barley...

Dying dyed hair to blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My hair colour is a naturally a very light blonde anyway but like a fool I chopped it all of and dyed it dark brown! Its been a about 4 months and the colour has faded out quite allot and I have had a few highlights but I am still not happy with the colour. I am determined to have my hair blonde...

View more questions Search