Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Criminal trespass defense
    I was charged with criminal trespass for knocking on my ex girlfriends window and I plan to defend myself in court is there any way that I can get the charge reduced also if found guilty of the charge what can I expect
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Well at least in GA, criminal trespass is about as "low" as you can go.
    I guess you could go for distrubing the peace.

But then this is a lot better then stalking.

I would say if no other issues, and you have stopped bothering this girl, a fine, maybe probation,

But then you said the magic words, GOING TO DEFEND YOURSELF. Last person I saw do that, got three days in jail for contempt for the way they talked to the judge. And then still have to have the case after the three days in jail.

Hire an attorney, they most likely can get this droped or a diversion program if you have a clean record, this will be the best spent money you ever did.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammaster
    i was charged with criminal trespass for knocking on my ex girlfriends window and i plan to defend myself in court is there any way that i can get the charge reduced also if found guilty of the charge what can i expect

What is your defense going to be?

It depends on your past record, how frightened she was, how many times she told you to stay away.

In my area it's an automatic Order of Protection for her and a fine and ACD for you - if you have a clean record. If there's violence in your past then the Court is more harsh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal trespass [ 1 Answers ]

I was charge with criminal trespass because me and my fiancée had an argument. She and I was leaving separate at the time and had ask to stay to reside at the property until she moves in. came for visit one time and we had an argument ask me to leave at first I did not want to leave because I want...

Criminal Trespass Law for Texas [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I have googled, asked and yahoo'd to attempt to find out what the punishment for Criminal Trespass is- all I have been able to find is "maximum of $2,000.00 and 180 days in jail" I want to know what the minimum is for it- if certain circumstances warrant a higher fee/jail time than other... ...

Criminal Trespass Hearing coming up! [ 1 Answers ]

I recently about a month ago got cited for criminal trespass in the 2nd degree. During my arraignment or after the district attorney looked over the case he must have came up with the highest charge possible that I could receive. He bumped my trespassing 2nd degree up to crminal trespass in the 1st...

TresPass notice [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I am sorry.. herez the detail I was caught shoplifting (8$ good).security guard took me to room,click my pict,noted License,name,adress& Ph num, No cops called,no arrest.They told me that we r going to generate a tresspass notice and I am banned to enter store.will it be crime record Is...

Criminal trespass [ 7 Answers ]

Is there any way a criminal trespass charge can be drop agaist someone?

View more questions Search