Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghostexpert900 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:33 PM
    Sixth Grade!?
    Ok so I'm going into sixth grade and I am scared that I'm going to get picked on by older kids but eisenhower says that they are bully free but I still think that there's one lercking in the hall. Also can you give me some tips

Thanks
    Kaitlin:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 01:59 PM

Kaitlin, give yourself confidence a boost and keep saying I WILL NOT BE BULLIED, I WILL NOT BE BULLIED. Hold your head up high. There is absolutely no lerkers, Kaitlin. Don't get involved in groups, choose your friends wisely and you probably already know some others who are going into the same room as you. Many schools are zero tolerance for this kind of acitivity and I think they have all worked towards that end because they absolutely know that it is not a good scene.

Good luck, you will do great, Kaitlin. Get your marks up, be cleanly dressed always and don't forget what I said, choose your friends wisely.

Ms tick
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 03:21 PM

Tickle is right , there is zero tolerance in nearly every school. There are laws against bullying of any kind. Here's what to do if you are bullied; first don't be afraid to tell someone older. You can tell the principal and he'll take care of it. Don't be afraid of being called a tattletale... they won't find out.

The next thing is this.. TELL YOUR PARENTS and don't wait to tell them. Cyber-Bullying is also against the law. Cyber Bullying is when someone says mean things about you on the computer and sends it to others.

If there are threatening emails, pictures, texting that are derogatory about you that is Cyber-Bullying.

I would advise you read the handbook as tickle pointed out and remember... it's not okay for someone to hit you, call you names or anything else which makes you uncomfortable.

It isn't wrong to tell.. . Kit
    hallie78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2010, 03:34 PM

Hey I was in 6th grade 2 yrs. Ago but usually there really aren't any bullies... But just stay with the popular and well liked people and you'll be fine. And all though the other people say tell on them... you don't want to be the snitch or the tattle tale cause that just makes everything worse. They'll want to bully you for sure. Just don't get in a mean persons way and you'll have an awesoe year! 6th grade is really fun and easy! You'll like it! I promise!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 05:00 PM

Kaitlin, your disagree with Kit was improper. She was correct, bullies HAVE TO BE REPORTED or there is no control. If you are not mature enough to handle the responses to your post, then you should not be here.

Tick
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Kaitlin..your disagree with Kit was improper. She was correct, bullies HAVE TO BE REPORTED or there is no control. If you are not mature enough to handle the responses to your post, then you should not be here.

tick
    Kaitlin... DO NOT listen to Hallie. She's a child who obviously thinks being in the 7th grade makes her an expert. Listen... if you start being bullied and you let it go it will grow worse and worse. If you fight back it's an automatic 1 to 3 day suspension. If you don't fight back you'll be bullied all year. Case in point... School officials can stop it. If you tell someone.. you can request it be kept confidential. That is your right.

I don't think you'll be bullied... I think you will probably love middle school and the only reason I'm giving you this is to advise and give my opinion what you can do if you are bullied. Tell someone... you may be helping another kid who is going through the same thing.
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hallie78 View Post
    hey i was in 6th grade 2 yrs. ago but usually there realy aren't any bullies... But just stay with the popular and well liked people and you'll be fine. And all though the other people say tell on them... you don't wanna be the snitch or the tattle tale cause that just makes everything worse. They'll wanna bully you for sure. Just don't get in a mean persons way and you'll have an awesoe year! 6th grade is really fun and easy! you'll like it! I promise!

Hallie..
    I have read some of your previous threads and you were told about the rules. I'm not upset about the disagree... what I am upset about is the information you gave this young lady. You were wrong.. the days of not telling when you are being picked on and bullied are over. As for the popular and well liked kids.. I'm not really sure which group you put yourself in .
    I would hope if you saw someone being bullied, whether "popular and well liked" or not you would have enough guts to help them by telling someone. Please read the rules again... Okay?. Thanks... Kit
    hallie78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2010, 10:23 AM

Kitkat... If you have a problem with me just tell me. I don't care! My advice was actually really good! I don't know how old you are but it doesn't sound like you've been in the 6th grade any time near. I was in it 2 years ago so I know how our generation acts and behaves... you don't becausse you don't go to school! Don't ever tell on someone because everyone will make fun of you! People who tell on people in my grade no one likes because they will probably go tell on them.So really Im just helping her out. And AGAIN I thought we went over this! I don't read the rules! Those things are like 20 freakin pages long!!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 10:39 AM

Hallie,

Your advice was actually very BAD.

Bullies SHOULD be reported to an adult or they cannot be stopped.

It is not tattling if you are preventing someone from being hurt.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 11:13 AM

Kaitlin... I think you'll do fine in middle school. Just don't worry about who doesn't like you or who's popular or not.

You sound like a very nice young lady and the reason I give this advise is because I worked in the school system for many years as a substitute teacher.I know you'll do well in middle school because you are a nice kid.If you do run into a bully or a bunch of smart mouths... ignore them..

It's usually the ones who are immature and have no self confidence who do the bullying. Or the ones who have nothing better to do than pick on someone they have chosen as a target.

They do have cameras installed in every school hallway here. They have them in the gym and cafeteria. They have monitors who stand in front of the gym locker rooms to insure there are no fights or bullying. Remember... don't be scared to tell, if it's you or you see someone else being picked on. Have a great year... Kit
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 11:42 AM
    Kitkat... If you have a problem with me just tell me. I don't care! My advice was actually really good! I don't know how old you are but it doesn't sound like you've been in the the grade any time near. I was in it 2 years ago so i know how our generation acts and behaves... you don't becausse you dont go to school! Dont ever tell on someone because everyone will make fun of you! People who tell on people in my grade no one likes because they will probably go tell on them.So really Im just helping her out. And AGAIN i thought we went over this! I don't read the rules! those things are like 20 freakin pages long!!!

Hallie,
    Are you aware of the suicide rate among young people who are bullied?
    Bullycide is a growing problem in this country. Kids who go to school and are singled out to be picked on who feel they have no other alternative than taking their life?

How would you feel if it were you? How would you react if you had to go to school everyday dreading walking down the hall or going to the bathroom? The reason I'm telling you this is because you seem to want to go along with the crowd. Being different is a lot better than with "the popular or in crowd".

You get on the web and you look at the growing problems in this world about bullying. Thank goodness the Bullying Laws are now enforced in almost every school in the country. Zero Tolerance is in your hand book. Read it... It's not wrong to tell. Thank goodness there are kids who are the bully police in some schools who step between the bullies and the victim and say, "no more". Read the rules for this site please and read your school handbook... Kit
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 12:14 PM

Hallie, no--I'm not a kid.

But I was one once.

And I was one of the kids that didn't fit in with the popular crowd--as a matter of fact, it was the popular crowd that bullied me.

I wish I'd had the option of reporting bullying back then. But when I was a kid--they basically told you to suck it up.

Now adults HAVE to respond to accusations of bullying.

It is NOT tattling if it is stopping someone from getting hurt. Think about that: If you KNEW someone was going to bring a gun to school and shoot people, would it be 'tattling" to tell an adult? Or would it be reporting something bad that is happening?
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Hallie, no--I'm not a kid.

But I was one once.

And I was one of the kids that didn't fit in with the popular crowd--as a matter of fact, it was the popular crowd that bullied me.

I wish I'd had the option of reporting bullying back then. But when I was a kid--they basically told you to suck it up.

Now adults HAVE to respond to accusations of bullying.

It is NOT tattling if it is stopping someone from getting hurt. Think about that: If you KNEW someone was going to bring a gun to school and shoot people, would it be 'tattling" to tell an adult? Or would it be reporting something bad that is happening?

Kaitlin... Remember it's not all right for someone to bully anyone. It's all right to tell. Halli unless you can abide by the rules on this site and read them, I would suggest you not post here anymore.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Kitkat... If you have a problem with me just tell me. I dont care! My advice was actually really good! I dont know how old you are but it doesnt sound like you've been in the 6th grade any time near. I was in it 2 years ago so i know how our generation acts and behaves... you don't becausse you dont go to school! Dont ever tell on someone because everyone will make fun of you! People who tell on people in my grade no one likes because they will probably go tell on them.So really Im just helping her out. And AGAIN i thought we went over this! I don't read the rules! those things are like 20 freakin pages long!!!

If you can't read the rules, this isn't the site for you.

And yeah, I do have a problem with you telling other kids not to report things that need to be reported. Bullying and any form of harassment absolutely should be reported. And if people harass you for telling, then they need to be reported too. And I'm still a student.

I wonder what it would be like if instead of living in fear like you, more people stood up for what was right and did the right thing. I wonder how many people wouldn't have committed suicide, or be suffering from depression if one of the "cool" kids had had the guts to say "knock it off." or had gotten an adult when they couldn't stop the bullying themselves. All it takes to make a difference is one person saying something.

To the OP, I hope you aren't bullied. But, if you are, I hope you know that not only is there nothing wrong with telling an adult, there are many times that telling an adult is the best thing you can do. And I hope that not only will you stand up for yourself, but also for anyone else you witness being bullied. The adults can't do anything to stop bullying if they don't know it's happening.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 15, 2010, 06:52 PM

I agree with what Kat has advised you, I think you should ignore haillie, because I get to thinking she could just be one of those people that bullies or picks on other children, and its true bullies are really cowards at heart and only pick on younger kids because they know they have nothing worthwhile to offer to society.

Im sure you won't be bullied but if you are ever don't ignore it or succumb to those nasty mealy mouthed little insecure people go tell an adult, any way its true all schools are camera`d up. All over them at that, so the bully will soon be spotted.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by positiveparent View Post
    I agree with what Kat has advised you, I think you should ignore haillie, because I get to thinking she could just be one of those people that bullies or picks on other children, and its true bullies are really cowards at heart and only pick on younger kids because they know they have nothing worthwhile to offer to society.

Im sure you wont be bullied but if you are ever dont ignore it or succumb to those nasty mealy mouthed little insecure people go tell an adult, any way its true all schools are camera`d up. all over them at that, so the bully will soon be spotted.
    Couldn't have said it better Positive... You said it all.:)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 15, 2010, 10:09 PM
    Due to Alias Abuse this thread is now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sometimes I don't like my sixth sense [ 5 Answers ]

Recently, My sixth sense told me of an accident the day before someone hit be in the rear. Minor damage. Recently, My sixth sense told me that a friend wouldn't be working at his current job. Sure enough, not working. My sixth sense told me that my grandfather died. That on awakened me at...

I really like my sixth cousin is that weird [ 16 Answers ]

We are sixth cousins and really close we act like brother and sister we tell each other everything she also tells me she loves me but in a family way is sixth to close and will it ruin our friendship

Mathematic Grade 11 [ 4 Answers ]

Given a,b,c,d,e as the progression of arithmetic.Calculate a,b,c,d,e by a+b+c+d+e=125 and a+b=38.

View more questions Search