Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twitek20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Two weddings same day
    Hello,
    I have two weddings on the same day. I have a friend from high school whom I see only when a very close mutual friend of both of ours comes in from California. I was married 5 years ago and I asked my friend who is getting married to sing in our wedding ceremony.
    My husband and I also asked a mutual friend of ours that we met in college to be a groomsman in our wedding.

Well now the groomsman from our wedding and the singer from our wedding are getting married on the same day(they do not know eachother)
    I am not a part of my friends wedding, but my husband is a groomsman in the guys wedding.
    My girlfriends wedding is local, but the wedding that my husband is in is in another state, so I CANNOT attend the church for one and the reception for the other.

Any advice?? :confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Easy one twit. I know you feel badly but you need to attend the wedding in which your husband is the groomsman. Call your friend and explain the situation to her and tell her how upset you are that you will not be able to celebrate with her on her special day. Then, send back the rsvp, not attending. AND, send a really nice gift from her wedding registry along with a note saying again, how you wish you could be there...

Then in a couple of months, invite her and the new hubby over for dinner and ask her to bring her video and pics of the wedding. She will love you for that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I get him for his b-day?? [ 14 Answers ]

Okay well me and my boyfriend have been together for the well almost 4 months. I'm 14 and he's 18. He's turning 19 on December 31st. He's my first kiss and my frst real boyfriend. For my 14th b-day he got me a teddy bear from build-a-bear workshop. Now the real problem is that I just don't what to...

Cruise weddings [ 5 Answers ]

My hunny and I are thinking about getting married while on a cruise. My family has never been anywhere outside the US aside from Canada, and my parents are getting up in years. I want them to experience the Caribbean and a cruise. The only way to get the family together on one is to plan something...

Groundhog Day [ 2 Answers ]

I got a question. When my family get together over Christmas, we each come up with a game or a quiz to play. Well, I have one but I need your help. If you have seen the movie Groundhog Day, can you tell me how many days Phil Connors (Bill Murray) repeats before he ‘gets the message’.

30 Day notice [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Fremont, Ca. I signed a six month lease. My lease is up and I'm moving. My landlord is requiring me to pay rent for an additional 30 days. In my lease agreement it states "Notice of termination/Death: Renter shall give owner 30 day notice of intent to vacate and shall be liable for...

30 Day - When [ 6 Answers ]

Hi: I'm new to the forum and I am a landlord with a tenant/roommate that I am trying to get rid of, I live in VA. He is on a month to month default lease (same as other two tenants). I gave him written notice that he was to move out by Aug 31 on Aug 1, signed by...

View more questions Search