Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jin1705 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Internet explorer connection problems
    Hi,
    Was wondering if someone with knowledge of IE could help out. Problem: unable to connect to www using IE7 even though I am 'connected'. I am able to connect to MSN to check emails and also update windows and other programs such as Norton live update but as soon as I try and open a web page I get 'IE cannot displaythe web page'. I have tried to let windows diagnose the problem but all I get back is that there are no problems detected.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jin
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jin1705
    Hi,
    Was wondering if someone with knowledge of IE could help out. Problem: unable to connect to www using IE7 even though I am 'connected'. I am able to connect to MSN to check emails and also update windows and other programs such as Norton live update but as soon as I try and open a web page I get 'IE cannot displaythe web page'. I have tried to let windows diagnose the problem but all I get back is that there are no problems detected.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jin
    Tell me if this works: Type 69.147.114.210 as the URL. This should go to Yahoo. If it works as I expect it will, we'll go from there.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Google search : 'IE cannot displaythe web page'

'IE cannot displaythe web page' - Google Search

Error message in Internet Explorer 7: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Try this browser Avant Browser::Download

If I help please rate my answer
    jin1705 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    Tell me if this works: Type 69.147.114.210 as the URL. This should go to Yahoo. If it works as I expect it will, we'll go from there.
    Hi,

Thank you for your help but I've just managed to figure out what's been causing the problem. The problem started after installing a Microsoft update. This must have changed the firewall settings in Norton which in turn blocked IE! Such a simple little thing but caused no end of hassle!
    Once again thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Jin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer display problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have Windows XP, Home Version. My girlfriend deleted some programs and since then my web pages do not display properly and the font is LARGE. I went to VIEW on the Internet Explorer toolbar to try and change the font but this did not work. FYI, I am using IE 6.0. Thanks

Internet explorer 7 problems connecting! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello to everyone first of all glad to have found this site to exchange info. Now to the question it seems that when I tried to upgrade about 2 weeks ago from Yahoo 7.5 to version 8.1 it wasn't the right thing to have done. It worked about 2 or 3 days good but 4 th day I couldn't sighn in at all,...

Internet explorer [ 7 Answers ]

My internet explorer keeps shutin down, how do I stop it?

Internet Explorer [ 4 Answers ]

When ever I try to open a site such as Yahoo,Google I get a popup window that ask me what to use to open it with,When In click on IE and OK it will open. How do I get it to open all the time without doing this extra. Its something new? :confused:

View more questions Search